Natural Mamas Due Late Summer/Early Fall?

We use pockets! The Velcro ones are just as easy as sposies. We use poppers though

Oh the diaper lingo..... haha! What are poppers? We're planning on using hybrid pockets, probably Flip or something, so that we can use disposable sometimes but mostly use the reusable inserts

Maybe poppers mean snaps? Like the diapers have snaps instead of Velcro. We have mostly snaps because they supposedly last longer and they're harder for toddlers to take off.

Oh that makes sense. And they can used for all different sizes. The Flip are like that! They sound perfect for us, I hope they work well!

:wave:. I'm kind of a "natural" mama, we'll be BF'ing we use cloth nappies and will probably co-sleep for a while if LO wants to (my 1st did, 2nd didn't). Birth wise I'm hoping for a water birth but I'll be having gas and air (whether I need it or not, I love that stuff :haha:). I'd love a home birth but I'm high risk and can't :(. My previous hospital births have been positive though and I'm looking forward to another :). I might practice hypnobirthing this time as my brother is a hypnotherapist and I know he'd like to use me as a guinea pig :haha:

Eleanor welcome! We have very close due dates :) that's so great you get a water birth at a hospital! We don't have that here and I really Wish we did. I want to try hypnosis too! I've always loved it for other things so why not labor? What kind of cloth diapers do you use?

Eleanor welcome! We have very close due dates :) that's so great you get a water birth at a hospital! We don't have that here and I really Wish we did. I want to try hypnosis too! I've always loved it for other things so why not labor? What kind of cloth diapers do you use?

Where do you live? That's such a shame you can't have a hospital water birth :(. I'm hoping to be allowed to deliver at the Midwife Led Unit but I needed an antibiotics IV with my last labour so if I do this time I'll have to deliver on the L&D ward where there is only 1 pool, so I'll be keeping everything crossed (except for my legs :haha:) that the pool room is free!
Yeah I'm interested to try it :). I don't think I'll "need" it as such (although you never know, they say 3rd babies are the wild card so I'm expecting labour to throw a few curve balls at me this time!) but it will be interesting to try it out :). We use mainly Tots Bots Easy Fits, Bum Genius and a few randoms like ebay cheapies and Happy Heineys. Easy Fits are my favourites :). What do you plan to use?

I haven't seen easy fit over here, maybe I've just missed it. I'll have to check it out! I really like Flip so far because they have so many options and we can use disposable liners when we go out. Our city won't let midwives deliver at hospitals which is absurd. You know ina may gaskin? The farm is literally 3 hours from us.. It's just our stupid city! Grrrrr. But as long as everything goes well I get a home birth next :)

Ah I'd love to deliver at The Farm! Fingers crossed you have a great delivery this time and get to have a home birth next time :). Ah yeah Flip's are cool. We didn't get a good fit with my DS so I didn't try them with my DD but I'm tempted to branch out on some new nappies for number 3 (just have to make sure my DD doesn't stop wearing nappies before number 3 arrives so I can justify uping my stash :haha:) :)

Hey! I guess I have the same mindset! I hate labeling myself "crunchy" but I guess I lean towards more natural methods. I am pregnant with our third right now (scary!) our first was an induction, our second was a natural hospital birth with a doula, and the third will be the same. I would love a home waterbirth, but we just can't afford one at this time.

I'm also a doula, so I love everything birth! We also cloth diaper and I love babywearing! We have a few different ring slings, woven wraps, and a Tula that I can't wait to use!

Blzgak, I'm also pretty obsessed with babywearing! I don't know what I'd do with out it.

Unmedicated birthing, babywearing, cding, cosleeping, gentle parenting mama here. My biggest recommendation is to invest in a doula. I have precipitous labors, so I don't even need much support having the baby, but to have someone throughout pregnancy and in the 4th trimester to touch base with is invaluable imo. Hire all the doulas lol.

Hello, I'm as crunchy as they come, planning an unassisted pregnancy and birth as well :)

Crunchy mum here, home births, cloth nappies, bf till 20 months. Looks like I wont get a HB this time though with twins x

Oh more twins!

(I am tandem feeding, still cosleeping with #2, babywearing, exclusively using cloth - for myself as well as nappies. We are delving further into natural/alternative medicines. I'm planting a medical herb garden. My first birth was induced but otherwise drug free posterior labour and my second birth was a vaginal breech birth in hospital, hands off which I had planned a doula for but we ended up birthing 3 hours away due to her being breech so doula couldn't come. I also have been 'poo free for a year and a half and admin the local babywearing and cloth nappy groups and own a cloth nappy sewing business. I am honestly pretty down to earth though and most people have no idea just how crunchy I am. I just do what works for me and my family.)

Hi ladies. I am expecting #5 and plan to go unmedicated once more. I have done Hypnobirthing for my last 3 and a water birth with my first. Hypnobirthing and my DH is all I need!��
Nice to see such a nice group of mommies wanting to go natural��
Wishing an easy and great pregnancy for all of us. Xxx

Can I ask the ladies who had water births how they found the experience. I mentioned previously I'm planning a home birth this time. Unfortunately couldn't with my son due to pre eclampsia and having to be induced. I managed a fully natural med free labour but this time I'd like to be more in control and in my own home if it's safe to do so. Looked into hiring or buying a birthing pool but I'm just curious weather other mums found it benificial?

Can I ask the ladies who had water births how they found the experience. I mentioned previously I'm planning a home birth this time. Unfortunately couldn't with my son due to pre eclampsia and having to be induced. I managed a fully natural med free labour but this time I'd like to be more in control and in my own home if it's safe to do so. Looked into hiring or buying a birthing pool but I'm just curious weather other mums found it benificial?

I found the water amazing! I had a hospital water birth as I'm high risk and also needed IV antibiotics which needed to be administered in hosp so couldn't have a home birth. I was 8cm and in transition when I got to hospital and was in the pool within 10 minutes and it was bliss once I got in! I found the contractions a lot less painful and I was just floating around all relaxed like I was at a spa :haha:. I found it particularly helped the pain in my back (LO was back to back) and the stretching pain in my scar tissue from my tear with my 1st. I'm desperate for another water birth this time and will probably head to hospital earlier so I can be n the pool earlier.

An acquaintence of my husband had a home water birth recently and was gbs+, and she just went to hospital every 4 hours for antibiotics and then went back home. Obviously if you had other things making you high risk that wouldn't have made any difference, but just throwing it out there for anyone else who may find themselves facing a similar decision :). I do knkwnkfnkthers who have been able to get a prescription for the antibiotics from their gp and the midwife was able to administer them at home.

Ah thank you! I will definatly look into it. So many people I know who have had one have said similar to you, that is was bliss once they got in the water. Just want to enjoy the birth this time around. Just have to to work out how to fit a birthing pool in my house now. Gonna be a tight squeeze lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->