Natural Mamas Due Late Summer/Early Fall?

Hi NDH! I remember reading your birth story with your last baby. Very inspirational. I've also seen some of your cloth nappy pics. Love them!

Maryanne, I had a water birth at a hospital and LOVED it! I am really upset because the hospital doesn't offer water births anymore since the American Assoc of obgyn's (I'm not sure of the actual acronym) said it's not beneficial to the baby so they don't see a reason for it. Ludicrous! I thought about a home birth but I really like the midwives and dr.'s at my practice. I also really liked the hospital. It's very pro natural birth with extremely low C-section numbers.

I was only in the birthing pool for the 20 so minutes it took to push. I was in a jacuzzi tub through transition. It was wonderful!

I've hired the same doula I had with my first. She's amazing! I'm confident that with her and laboring in the jacuzzi and pool, I will be ok with delivering on land. I don't want to be in the bed though.

I think the main thing is your comfortable wherever you give birth. For me I know id prefer to be in my home. Our local hospital isn't very nice and I was met with many confused looks when I said I didn't want an epidural with my son. One midwife even said she didn't understand my choice as why suffer if I didn't need to. I was strapped to monitors, wasn't allowed to move round and seemed every five minutes someone new would come in and take a look. I know my son arrived safe but it wasn't how I imagined giving birth. The community midwives that will be at the home birth are lovely though and are really supportive. And Im definatly going to look into a water birth now :) feeling rather excited about it all.

How ridiculous the hospital has stopped allowing water births for such a ridiculous reason! ACoG recomends lots of things that have no benefits to babies, and water birth has big benefit to the moms! (I've yet to have one, but I did labour in the big bath with my first. My hospital has only allowed water births n the last year or so. Prior to that they required the mom to get out of the tub to push, but they couldn't legally remove you so there were still many waterbirths where the mom sat on the plug and just refused to get out haha. I had planned to be one, but got out early in labuor still to get water injections and then didn't want to move to go back in later)

I'm due mid-August and have always been a little crunchy.
I'd like to birth unmedicated and naturally...my doctor hasn't talked to me about that though and already billing me for the whole delivery and everything including anesthesia so I'm not sure how to bring up that subject or ask if I'm paying for more than what I might actually use.

On the crunchy note-- I did post a thread about deodorants since I seem to stink even more now that I'm pregnant. If anyone was wondering, I finally found a natural deodorant that works during pregnancy-ultra-stank- Schmidt's deodorant. It comes in a jar and Second runner up is, of course, plain ol' coconut oil. I'm alternating between the Schmidt's and some lavender infused coconut oil to see which works best.

I'm still trying to figure out the cloth diapering thing. I have a friend sending me one of her old Charlie Banana one-size diapers for me to try out. I imagine I'll probably just end up loading up on flour-sack towels as flats and getting some covers. ? Who knows

Oh- and I haven't touched my yoga mat since I've been preggo...except for that on time I rolled it out and woke up on it hours later hahaa

Haha, Mamaloco. Waking up on your mat. I have some Charlie Bananas and they are my least favorite. I almost sold them a but decided to keep them as back ups.

Hmmm NDH, this is a new rule here. I wonder what they would do if I just said I'm not getting out of the tub ��.

Maryanne, luckily for me my hospital is nothing like what you've described. I could walk and move around as much as possible. No one batted an eye when I said I didn't want an epidural. It was never brought up again. Even when I was doubting myself the nurses were all 'nah, you got this'. If I had had an experience like yours I most definitely would be going for a home birth. The maternity ward was also just renovated and it's like the baby Ritz in there, complete with room service.

Mamaloco I will have to try that deodorant! I still can't decide if I stink more or if I can just smell it better!! But nothing natural is working and it's so frustrating. My skin is pretty sensitive so I have to be careful. One of the moms around here makes her own and says it's awesome so I'm getting a sample soon!

Had a semi-natural birth with my first. The hospital and ob weren't very natural friendly but where we were living combined with our insurance, gave us no other options. Hopefully going to be better this time around. Would have liked to not go to a hospital this time but none of the birth centers work for us. Fortunately the hospital I've chosen is very good and natural friendly. I'm seeing both an ob and a midwife (they share a practice) and both have hospital privileges.

I am trying to be a crunchy momma, but i have a problem.
I suffer from sever Migraine headaches, I am on as natural a prevention as you can get, all vitamins and minerals. My problem is does anyone have any tricks such as drinks or things that help them get rid of a headache without medications such as tylenol? thank you for your help ladies.

I am trying to be a crunchy momma, but i have a problem.
I suffer from sever Migraine headaches, I am on as natural a prevention as you can get, all vitamins and minerals. My problem is does anyone have any tricks such as drinks or things that help them get rid of a headache without medications such as tylenol? thank you for your help ladies.

Lots of water, caffeine if you will have it. cold compress.
lavender and peppermint oil. If you go to a natural store, they should have stuff for inflammation and pain and that's where you'd find migraine stuff. butterbur is supposed to work pretty well. At my store, we have a roll-on called mygrastik which is mostly lavender and peppermint. You can consider getting an essential oil diffuser and diffusing those two oils for 15 minutes every hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->