Natural miscarriage - how thick was your lining?

WishnandHopn

Reaction score
A little over 2 weeks ago I had a miscarriage. I was 5w4d when I started bleeding heavily, had hcg=3 fifth day of bleeding and ultrasound the next day showed non-pregnant, normal uterus with a 7 mm lining.

The doctor had called to tell me the blood results and I knew my uterus was empty because the tech told me as much. I picked up copies of all my results and reports today. To see it all black and white is just so awful. The results basically say "not pregnant". Nothing in them says that I was pregnant and miscarried. But I know I did because there's no way the two weeks of cramping and bleeding I went through was just a two week late period. I thought I was finished crying but I just cried and cried after reading about my "nongravid" uterus. It's just the saddest word.

Anyway, my question is about the lining thickness. Would 7 mm be normal after bleeding for 5 days straight? What is normal lining thickness in early pregnancy? Just wondering if thick/thin lining could have caused the miscarriage. My mom had 5 miscarriages in total, likely related to lining problem, but she couldn't remember what. I wonder if this problem could be hereditary?

Honestly I don't know anything about lining. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. I am nearing what I hope is the tail end of my first miscarriage but they've never said anything to me about lining. Perhaps it's in my file and in the notes but I didn't know to ask and they didn't bother to tell me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->