Natural or full of drugs

I was drugged up to my eyeballs with emily but was in labour forever and din't know when to push :? had epi topped up 4 times in all

With Jack i tried G&A and threw up I had just screamed for an epidural and bloke came straightaway, needed loo and jumped off bed, made it door and there was his head so i did it with out and gotta say it was a far better exeprience from coming off monitor to go to loo he was born in 7 minutes!!!!!

soz didn't vote no option for me :D

Coorrrrr Full of drugs and wanted more than they would offer, nothing worked, not even 2 epidurals :cry: so I am dreading this time round :shock:

aaawww see thats the thing if it hurts so much why do ppl do it again

with Dior i had every thing, loved the epidural.
with Harley i had nothing

Iwantone!!! said:
I do sometimes question my sanity, the pain is worth it however when you see your baby and as you watch them groow

with jordan ( whos now 5) i had a normal delivery and i had an epidural and gas and air.

with lily-mae i had a c-section. she was breech and to cut a long story short, i went in for an ECV, started bleeding, was told placenta was damaged and was whisked away to theatre

Iwantone!!! said:

Trust me, that is why I have waited so long (8 years) it is sort of in the past now, but I panic like mad if I think about it now, I can assure you we had spoke about the birth before TTC and agreed that I would try hypno-birthing this time as well as a tens machine and maybe a birthing pool too :lol:.....except we don't have the money now for hypno-birthing, so I am in a place I really wouldn't have wanted to be in now :cry:

I have on my hospital notes now, that if I have to have a c-section, I will only consent to it under a general anastetic, as with the 2 epidurals not working last time, a c-section carries a HUGE fear factor for me :cry:

tam i had an epidural with my son that didnt really work, i could still feel stuff. however with a c-section its really different. its a spinal block, much stronger than an epidural. also, u dont have to worry about being able to feel them cutting u ect during the section, before they start they spray your feet with a cold spray and pinch your toes to test its worked. i found the c-section to be better than i expected, it was really relaxed even tho it was an emergency 1. all the staff were brill.

and just think if your asleep you wont be able to look at your beautiful baby as he enters the world. im not trying to say you should do this, or should do that. just saying its worth talking to someone about.

sorry, as i dont really know your circumstances. just trying to help :D

twinkletoes said:
tam i had an epidural with my son that didnt really work, i could still feel stuff. however with a c-section its really different. its a spinal block, much stronger than an epidural. also, u dont have to worry about being able to feel them cutting u ect during the section, before they start they spray your feet with a cold spray and pinch your toes to test its worked. i found the c-section to be better than i expected, it was really relaxed even tho it was an emergency 1. all the staff were brill.

and just think if your asleep you wont be able to look at your beautiful baby as he enters the world. im not trying to say you should do this, or should do that. just saying its worth talking to someone about.

sorry, as i dont really know your circumstances. just trying to help :D

I appreciate that babe thank you!!

The thing that drilled it home to me is the fact that I had 2 failed epidurals, so much so I was up and walking about afterwards to the horror of the staff :shock: But then last year, I was my sister's birthing partner and I was with her whilst she had a C-Section, and boy was she petrified (it was her 2nd too) and I just know it is something that I think would kill me........when I had my wisdom tooth out my heart was pumping so hard I thought it was going to hit the dentist square on the face and knock her out :shock: I have such a vivid imagination that I would be imagining all sorts and literally shitting a brick......

As for the spray, I am sure I would do what my sister done, which is because she could hear it (thru fear) she kept saying, "I can feel it", she ended up so numb that when Charlie was born, she couldn't hold him..........but I know I would have been no different, I don't think I would have stopped when she did :lol:

So petrified does not even come close to how I would feel faced with a C-Section, I think it would be the end of me :cry:

I voted for high as a kite on drugs bc i had both my labours induced the first one lasted 36hours and marley birth was 3hours and i asked for an epidural right at the end and pushed him out 10mins later after having an epidural, i wish i knew how quick he was coming i would have stuck to gas and air. I hoping to go into labour myself this time bc it not as painfull as being induced.

I know it is very rare but when my friend had a c-section even though she was numb down her legs she swears that she felt the pain of them cutting her and eventually she had to be knocked out.

Mum2Boys said:
I voted for high as a kite on drugs bc i had both my labours induced the first one lasted 36hours and marley birth was 3hours and i asked for an epidural right at the end and pushed him out 10mins later after having an epidural, i wish i knew how quick he was coming i would have stuck to gas and air. I hoping to go into labour myself this time bc it not as painfull as being induced.

I know it is very rare but when my friend had a c-section even though she was numb down her legs she swears that she felt the pain of them cutting her and eventually she had to be knocked out.

:shock: *faints*

I had every drug going (some of them twice) and at the risk of sounding unmaternal they were the best thing about the whole experience!

As someone who has never experimented recreationally I quite enjoyed being off my face ( :shock: :oops: ), even though I think it did contribute to my eventual episiotimy and ventouse delivery.

At the end of the day, there's no medals awarded to those who get through it with nowt! :D

Too True, not that I would compete for a medal if there was, I am no hero :lol:

I tried it all for the three days I was in labour and contracting every three mins. I had a tens machine for the first 12 hours which helped a little. THen gas and air - but this made me wheezy (I'm asthmatic), then pethidine which I loved but it sent me off my head, I told OH that Ground force were coming the next morning to do the garden. As I said it i was thinking don't say that you idiot but I couldn't stop. Finally I had an epidural whe they broke my waters as I was already in alot of pain and knew it would only get worse. When they finally decided on a section I could go in quick because everthing was already in place.

LynnieH said:
then pethidine which I loved but it sent me off my head, I told OH that Ground force were coming the next morning to do the garden. As I said it i was thinking don't say that you idiot but I couldn't stop.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Was he disappointed?

Minxy said:
LynnieH said:
then pethidine which I loved but it sent me off my head, I told OH that Ground force were coming the next morning to do the garden. As I said it i was thinking don't say that you idiot but I couldn't stop.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Was he disappointed?

what you like did u get ur graden done or did the baby come first ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->