Natural or full of drugs

Iwantone!!!

Reaction score
How did you give birth? And is it as painful as it looks i dont fancy that part i like the making of babies?

oh full of drugs for sure!! lol

I cant understand why anyone would want to put themselfs through that much pain when there are drugs available to take it all away

lol

xx

tried gas and air when had ds but made me feel sick. Spent most of labour in pool with dd, this time I'm thinking epidural but have back probs and previously whne things got painful was towrds end so was too late for one.

Can I just say when I was pregnant I was like no way will I ever have an epidural, well all I can say is it was a life saver. It was bliss after 13 hours of being a martyr refusing drugs! :lol:

Am thinking of asking for one early on, so that hopefully when i need it , it will already be set up and not too late.

i had a tens and gas and air.
i refused any other drugs as i suffer from migraines and some drugs can really set them off so i stuck to it!!

I found it helped quite a lot. When I ahd ds they had really bad curtains. They wre really flowery like from the 70's. I focused on a flower and did breathing, also heled with dd (although diff hospital and no bad curtains). Didn't help towards later stages when pain really kicked in but in my case that only lasted about an hour then baby arrived (hence they don't like me staying at home too long as can take upto an hpur yo get to hospital dep on traffic)

reallly dont fancy pushing throught the pain i am a wimp with period pain i would love natural but will have to wait and see

I found at the end when it got to pushing the pain of the contactions stopped. Having said that tho with dd when I needed to push it only took a couple of pushes and she popped out.

drugs pertherdaine all the way i had to meg for it before they gave it to me, when i first went to hospital they said i'm only 3cm we will take you down stairs for a bit, then someone else came in and saw me and she decided aganist it which i was really glad for. pertherdaine and gas and air

In some ways its good she popped out quick however she came that quick she got the cord around her neck and was born blue, so she was whisked away to be resuscitated. It was one of the scariest times of my life. My son was similar only the cord was pushed against his neck so that everytime I got a contraction his heart rate dropped so I had to have assissted delivery to get him out quick. Sometimes I think I would like to have section but u can't drive for 6 weeks and are in pain for ages and lift or do much.

i wish u could just pop them out u think u wait 9months for a baby y should u have to pust for another 12-24hrs to see them they shoudl want to see u straight away ehheeh 9months is long enough

How true. My son was rather impatient as he was four weeks early but I still had contractions for quite a few hours b4 he finally arrived. DD wa snot quite so impatient she was 2 weeks early and was in labour for a total of 12hrs. Hope this one is as quick if not quicker.

i put all natural as i managed 2 have callum with gas and ir only and he was 10lb half an oz, with chloe i had an epi and it nvr worked n hurt like hell!!!

Thanks Yvanne and therewas I thinkig epidural might be the way to go this time if I get it in time.

i blame teh anethatist she had a vengance for me!!! she kept stabbing me n kept missing :evil:

What a complete mare. Maybe not such a good idea as I alrready have back probs.

I guess I was as good as natural, I had Tens machine and Gas and air. Bit I found my self breathing through the majority of contractions without the gas and air. I think the breating definatly helped, it gives you something to concentrate on.

I can honestly say I dont actually remember it being that bad. I was laughing and smiling in between contractions as if nothing was going on. my mum and OH couldny believe how well I coped. Hopefully next time round will be as good. I just found the pushing hard work and tiring

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->