Natural Parenting and Living Club

Just feel like I've cut off my right arm by stopping BFing :( Definitely going to do it for a year with my next one.

You did what was right at the time you shouldnt feel bad about that :hug:

Right, should introduce myself I guess :rofl:

I'm Nic, and I used to co-sleep and breastfeed and now I use cloth nappies, and going to follow baby led weaning, I baby sign and outside of parenting I have a big compost heap, I eat organic and British foods as much as possible, I don't eat junk food, I recycle loads, and my house is full of energy saving lightbulbs :rofl:

I have energy saving lightbulbs and I recycle.......

Nic, how is baby signing going for you? We couldn't get into it atall :dohh:

Really well! Niamh knows the signs for bath and milk now. Well, I can tell she does because she gets excited when I make the signs.

For instance I always make the milk sign before showing her the bottle, then while giving it to her, and a few times while she's drinking.

She's only 5 months this month, so we started early but I'm looking forward to when shes about a year old and can sign back.

Have a look at this video. The baby is about Caitlyns age:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gSZfW4gVhI

Caitlyn is rubbish at copying hand movements :lol: She only learnt to clap at 9 months and still doesn't wave HI or BYE... but she can say "hiya" and "tata" :lol:

Yeah, but I'm trying to get rid of that one.......... It's because I've always said "God child, give me a minute to get off my bra" :rofl:

:rofl:

I never thought about baby signing have i left it to late and where do you find out how to do it? and have i left it to late to do it with Ellie?

There's a TV programme on Cbeebies in the morning, and your clinic should do a class I think, or know of one x

There's a TV programme on Cbeebies in the morning, and your clinic should do a class I think, or know of one x

Ill have to ask my hv and see if there is one. Would be good to give it ago.

I'm doing it on my own. :) 7 months isn't too late either! I just bought a few books.

I think it's too late for us! :lol:

Does signing stop them learning to say the words though? I believe frustration drives them to learn, and surely if they communicate through signing, they have no drive to learn to say the word?

I think it's too late for us! :lol:

Does signing stop them learning to say the words though? I believe frustration drives them to learn, and surely if they communicate through signing, they have no drive to learn to say the word?

I was going to say this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->