Natural Parenting and Living Club

hi everyone :hi: i'm alice and i'm a kind of natural mum!!

i've got a clothbum baby when i can be arsed :rofl: i put her in disposables at night normally and if i run out of cloth i use them too til they're all washed and stuff!

i recycle as much as i can, but not plastics cos i kept forgetting to take them (council dont collect plastic yet)!! drives me mad when MIL comes cos she puts everything straight in the bin and i end up digging around!

i had a boobie baby until about 5 months and then my milkies disappeared, no engorged boobies or anything!

and i wore katie quite a bit whilst i could!

ooo and i'm getting a veggie patch in my garden when i get round to it - left it a bit late this year!!

I'd like to join, too, please!
I breastfeed, but formula supplement due to some BF complications.
We use an eco-diaper service that's all cloth. I'm a recycling and composting nazi and am all about being a conscious consumer.
I am hoping to grow a big mean organic garden this summer and spend lots of time out in nature with my baby.
We did modified co-sleeping for the first 7 weeks, but Simon seems to sleep better in his own bed! :)
So...
Do I qualify? Can I join? :)

i forgot to add im recycling mad too!

thank god for counsil recycle systems :)

Think I added everyone.

Am going to give Bfing another go, seeing as I still have a teeny tiny bit of milk. Going to start taking Fenugreek that MervsMum kindly sent me when I was re-lactating last time.

I'd *love* to get to a year.

do it toria and tezzy!! you wont regret it!! and te poos arent even tht bd!

btw anyone know where you can get cheap nappi nippas?

Knock knock. Glad to have found you. Have enjoyed BF all my 4. Love my babysling, but over 40 degrees here and find me and my son get a little hot and bothered in it!!
No garden to speak of here and NO RECYCLING. At home we have nearly half an acre so reading up on grow your own until we are posted back.
Found afab shop in Riyadh that sells cloth nappies. Would like to know basic stuff I need as very interested.
browsing on internet to try to find cleaning products that use less chemicals, and that could make up myself. Fortunate to have a houseboy who does most of housework, but rather too many chemicals in my opinion.!!
Looking forward to getting to know you all

i going to do baby led weaning when megan a bit older and going to teach her sign as some of m close family have hearing difficulties and it would mean they dont get to miss out on her too, i got taught sign language and it will also be good for school time and so on.

Knock knock. Glad to have found you. Have enjoyed BF all my 4. Love my babysling, but over 40 degrees here and find me and my son get a little hot and bothered in it!!
No garden to speak of here and NO RECYCLING. At home we have nearly half an acre so reading up on grow your own until we are posted back.
Found afab shop in Riyadh that sells cloth nappies. Would like to know basic stuff I need as very interested.
browsing on internet to try to find cleaning products that use less chemicals, and that could make up myself. Fortunate to have a houseboy who does most of housework, but rather too many chemicals in my opinion.!!
Looking forward to getting to know you all

I have found that white vinegar, baking soda and boric acid (usually sold as borax) are all I need. I add a locally-made lavender oil based cleaner as my germ-killer and de-stinker! :)

Sarahkka, can you tell me which product you use for which household job and concentration/dilution if I use a 500ml bottle. Thanks:happydance:

Hi coccyx!
I sort of just splash things together, so try these sites for better proportions:
https://www.greenmoms.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=835&Itemid=28
https://www.care2.com/greenliving/healthy-home
https://www.thegreenguide.com/

Can i join? i recycle as much as possible, would rather sit in the dark than have a light on partly because i hate paying gas and lecky bills. I plan on breastfeeding and using propper nappys. I would compost but i dont have a garden and they dont collect natural waste.

Hey ladies i have only just found this :hi:

Im a breastfeeding, cloth bum wearing, babywearing, BLW, organic eating, recycling, veggie growing, water collecting earth mummy!! :smug:

Question for everyone:
how much does cost factor in to your eco-lifestyle choices? By this I mean, do you buy organic eveything, no matter what the cost? Or do you pick and choose certain things to stay within a reasonable budget?
I find that most environmentally conscious choices are quite frugal - non-food items, anyway. Things are well-made from sustainable resources and are intended to last, not break down and clutter up the landfill three months later.
Food, on the other hand, can be a bit trickier. Some of the organic choices are not a possibility if I want to keep our grocery bills reasonable.
Do you focus on certain foods over others to spend your organic bucks on or do you feel that the planet is the most important thing and go organic all the way?
Just curious! :)

my grocery bill is horrendous :blush: along with buying organic/farm produce i have to factor in 3 different allergies!! everything must be made from scratch!

my grocery bill is horrendous :blush: along with buying organic/farm produce i have to factor in 3 different allergies!! everything must be made from scratch!

Yikes!
That sounds like a lot of work!
It's funny. They say that convenience foods are much much pricier than doing it from scratch, but that isn't always the case if you need specialty ingredients, is it?
I guess the other benefits on the "from scratch" side are that you know exactly what goes into your food and you produce way less waste from packaging, etc.

I am figuring out a strategy/compromise on my groceries. If I buy locally raised meat and eggs, my organic dollar goes a lot farther because the crops to feed those animals have to be organic, as well. So I am trying to buy about half of our meat organic and the other half is at least "free from" antibiotics, hormones, etc.
Produce-wise, I try to buy seasonally and locally, then I worry about organic. I also prioritize. Strawberries absorb a lot more chemicals than an orange, for example, so I'd go organic there first.
I'm putting in a big garden this summer, so that should help with the grocery bills a lot.

Just seeing this group...can I join yall :)

I'm Beth, a 23yr old mom to 3 little boys. We practice attachment parenting here and we cloth diaper, breastfeed until self wean, organic food as much as possible, no vaccines, very little medicines at all actually, babywear, cosleep (well not everynight now that my boys are a bit older), I'm sure there is more

:hi: Hey can i join in too :)
I used to co-sleep, now she sleeps in a cot attached to the bed, she wears cloth nappies at night and i BF and do baby led weaning :) Also i only buy meat from Farmers markets and we also own a free range chicken, duck, guinea fowl, geese and Turkey farm in Scotland :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->