Naughty Step

Layla

Reaction score
I need yuor advise...i hate asking for help, makes me feel like a shit mum :(

Coby is soo naughty at the mo, i just dont know what to do with him, he hits, headbutts, kicks, throws things, screamsn, shouts and growls at you and if i ask him to do something he just says no.

SInce last night i have been useing a naughty step, he does sit on it, altho he huffs and puffs untill his 2 mins are up, then i explain what hes done wrong and say its not nice etc etc, and he does say sorry....(he cant talk still so he says sorry but a hug)

does thisd naughty step thing really work? i feel bad leaving him on the stiars (bottom step)

Has anyone tried it and got good results, how long does it take?

He goes to nuresry 4 mornigns a week and on the 5th mornign i take him to toddler group and stay with him....between Adam being really lcingy and wont be put down, and Coby being so destructive, im at my wits end.....felt like walking and out crying yesterday, its getting so hard

x

Aww hun you have my complete sympathy
Jack went through a horrible screaming paddying stage( still does sometimes!)
The step seems to work, but it can take a lot of time
It's good though that Coby is staying sat down, jack used to be up and down like a damn Yoyo

Jack seems to have huge melt downs at toddler group as well and i take him out of the room and sit him on the floor and turn away from him until he has calmed down.
It's so embarresing when everyone else seems to be behaving so well
Not loads of advice but it should get better soon hun and at least you know you are not on your own :hugs:

aawwwww hunni ur not a shit mum at all laura uses teh naughty step with ella and it works xxxxx

Aww, don't feel like you're a bad mom because your toddler is being naughty - and DEFINATELY don't feel like you're being a bad mother for leaving him on the naughty step - it will stop him being naughty! This step really does work (although you have to use it consistently - every time they are naughty, give them one warning that they will go on the naughty step, and if they carry on, pick them up, put them on the step and tell them firmly why they have been put there and how long they have to stay there... then come back to them, tell them what they did wrong again and ask them to appologise - and it does have to be used every time or they will not get what they need from it and it won't work - that's when you're likely to get them refusing to sit down on it and getting up all the time or refusing to say sorry, AND still being naughty in the first place!!) ... Children Coby's age are seaking out boundaries and if you set them down firmly he will soon be happy being good and knowing what is and is not acceptable. It will probs bring you closer together, too :)

Remember kids love praise as well, if you diciplin bad behaviour with the naughty step, and praise good behaviour (perhaps with a sticker merrit system?) then soon he will not want to be naughty but will get everything he needs from being good :)

Good luck, hun. Remember, every kid goes through the 'terrible two's' at some point (whatever age they are at that point depends on the child)... you're doing great :thumpup:

thanks,

Charlie and Ethan were never like this, they were such good kids right from birth, i have never had any trouble with them, i think thats why its such a shock, coz i just assumed Coby and Adam would be the same, how wrong could i be! lol

x

Minus kids when your in town and you see tantrum toddlers I use to think 'blimey' haha now I'm dreading this stage being the Mum :lol:

I have no advice but I know we will have the step or chair - I'd imagine it a working process probably hard but good luck Layla hope he gets calmer for you soon x

sounds like u might have a little jealous man there acting up. have u considered that maybe he just wants some more attention because he used to be the baby and now their is another baby that mommy is always holding? i think the naughty step is fine. i used to be an aupair and had a really difficult 5 year old and the only thing that worked was time out. i would feel bad but she was so destructive hitting everyone and messing up their games. she learned and grew out of it eventually. you are doing the right thing because you are teaching him some boundaries. anyway so in addition to the naughty step why dont you try when hubby is home or something giving coby 10 min of mommy time just him and mommy a day ( dad can watch adam) u might find that he stops acting up so much.. just a suggestion..

I need this advice aswell kieran is a nightmare at the moment, went to town today he was in the double but we let him out to walk for abit- BIG mistake!! He threw quite a few paddy's and ended up lying on the floor quite a few times, people were staring because i was just standing there, but i was just trying to ignore him, so embarresssed!!!! :blush: But what else can i do when i'm out.... Needless to say he wasn't out of the pram long. The terrible two's have definatly arrived at my house!

At the moment i feel the same, feel like i am always shouting and smacking Ewans hand! when he is good he is brilliant, but you can see in his face when he is going to push you right to the limit.!

im glad im not alone in this then....

I think it is partly that Coby is jealous, Adam goes to bed at 7, Coby goes to bed at 8 so within that hour i do spend time with him but its ovusly not enough for him :(
I try to spend time with him when Jase is here but if Charlie and Ethan are home then hes off playing with them so he doesnt want to be with me lol

We had a good day yesterday, didnt need teh naughty step, so i guess i will have to see how it goes

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->