Nausea but no sickness

R

Rose1978

Hi everyone, this is my first post after lots of lurking. I will be 7 weeks tomorrow and for the last few days have had almost constant nausea but not actually been sick. Is anyone else going through this and what do you do to ease it? I sort of want to be sick to see if that makes me feel better but it just isn't happening.
i'm also finding it difficult to concentrate on anything as I had a miscarriage at exactly this time 18 months ago so am slightly freaked out now to say the least! I feel lots worse with this pregnancy but know that that doesn't really mean anything. Just want to be able to relax and be excited but that seems impossible at the moment. Any tips from anyone? Thank you in advance!

Hello, congratulations! I've had pretty much constant nausea from about week 6 however I've only actually thrown up a handful of times. When I am sick there is no notice whatsoever! I also have horrible indigestion so I find antacid tablets ease everything. Water helps as does avoiding fizzy drinks. Smaller meals more often also help. I now have a hot milky drink (Horlicks) in the evening which is also nice. Ginger biscuits, travel sickness bands and mint tea have also helped a little bit.

I'm sorry about your previous loss and the anxiety isn't easy to cope with. I keep telling myself that I cant possibly feel this bad if everything has gone wrong! If you are really worried, maybe consider having a private scan, usually anywhere from £60-£100.

Good luck X

I've been trying the eating little and often thing but today I just can't fancy anything. I used to love mint tea but ever since my first pregnancy I went completely off it. It probably doesn't help that the tiredness is at its worst today although saying that I did sneak off for a doze at work yesterday afternoon although it was a break so hopefully not that naughty!

I know what you mean about telling yourself you can't feel this bad if there's something wrong but it's always there at the back of my mind, or even the front. I'm considering a private scan, just hope I get that far along, having a bit of a negative day today.

I read the spoiler in your signature, wow, so exciting! Good luck with everything, it doesn't look like it's been easy for you. x

This is baby #3 for me, and I've had bad nausea with all of them but never vomited. I understand how horrible it is!!

The only tip I can give is to eat whatever you feel like eating (a small amount or you risk increasing the nausea) whenever you feel like it. Forget 'meal times'. If you suddenly feel like you could eat a round of cheese on toast at 11am, or cereal at 8pm, then do so and don't worry it's too early for lunch or too late for dinner or whatever.

Also, I find that things I'm desperate for today make me feel bad tomorrow, so don't stock up on things!

It will end. It will. It's just really hard. xx

I've been feeling sick for well over two weeks and only sick a couple of times, since I've found out I'm pregnant a couple of days ago, it makes sense, but it's so horrid cos I can't eat but get so hungry that I want to but can't find anything...

I'm so worried about mc, but people keep saying feeling sick is good, but I worry I'm imagining it to make me feel calmer....

Dawn x

With #1 nausea began at 6w and was terrible, then at 8w I started dry heaving. It was BRUTAL, but I actually felt better afterwards. Then at 9w I started vomiting all the way until 14w - so don't count on anything! Puking could still be in your future!

With this one I puked at 5w! :sick: SUCH a dragggggggg

I started feel sick but never being sick around 6 weeks, I found having a bottles of water to sip constantly helped, as well as little bits of food, never a full meal, I toast, a bit of cereal, jacket potato, I was told not to let yourself get hungry/thirsty because it makes it worse and that really helped. I'm nearly 10 weeks now and it's starting to go, only feel slightly sick in the morning or if I eat a big meal.

Also I had previous miscarriage and found it so difficult to relax, every time my symptoms would be slightly less one day I would panic, but I took it week by week. When you get to your next week focus on that. I'm always a new week on a Monday so I go out maybe wed/Thursday night, which gives me something to look forward to and then before you know it the weekend is here and gone, and I'm into my next week. It's made time fly for me! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->