Nausea different than first pregnancy

blueeyedmedee

Reaction score
With my first pregnancy I started at 173lbs. I was super nauseous and couldn't eat much my first semester, lost 5 lbs, but after the nausea went away I ate like crazy, gained up to 225, and after birth weighed 200. Jan 1 2015 to Jan 1 2016 I lost 59 lbs.
Starting this pregnancy I weigh 138.6lbs. I am feeling nauseous again, but this time it isn't making me not want to eat. This time I only feel better if I eat a little something. I'm trying to eat small healthy snacks, but it is driving me crazy. I worked so hard to loose the weight and from the start I told myself this pregnancy wasn't going to be like the last. I am still exercising 5 times a week, but I don't like that the only way I feel less nauseous is to eat. I only want to gain the healthy 25lbs or so this time around.
Anyone else have nausea that is only satisfied by eating? It's so different than my first pregnancy. Hoping it means this one is a boy. ;)

First, congrats on the weight loss. That's a amazing

Yep. My nausea is improved by putting a little something in my stomach. Usually it's either carbs or cheese. It sucks. But given the choice of a little food or feeling like crap all the time, I'm trying to make the best choices possible.

I'm starting out 10 pounds heavier than the last time. So I've got to gain less than last time. But in the end, I'll gain what I gain and just have to work harder afterward.

You've lost it before, you can do it again!

This is my first pregnancy (had a MMC last year) and after the MMC I lost 30 lbs. Now I'm pregnant and having the same issue. I'm concerned about over gaining (I am obese already) but I know my baby must eat.
And I have similar nausea. I am afraid to eat but once I do, I feel better

My nausea is much worse when I am hungry and unfortunately I have no appetite so its basically force myself to eat so I don't feel worse. Eating protein also seems to help but everyone is different.

On my first prgnancy I was mildly sick until 14 weeks no big deal.. On my 2nd I was dying ill, I have sickness until 25 weeks and then again at 30 weeks til the end! My firstvwas a girl and second was a boy
😄

Me!!!! This is driving me mental. I've gained so much weight already because I have to eat to keep the nausea away! I'm starving every couple of hours. I've already had to move from size 8 to size 10 and I'm 8 weeks in :(

Yeah, this morning I didn't eat first thing like I usually do, except for like a cup of watermelon. By the time I realized I was hungry I was too nauseous to move. Thank God for my hubby, who made me soup. I haven't gained anything yet and I'm 8 weeks today, but hope this weird nausea business ends with the first trimester like it did with my first.

Very normal unfortunately. And often the only thing that settles the nausea for many women is unhealthy food. The good news is it should hopefully pass around 12-14 weeks and then you can eat a healthy diet.

I'm in the same boat eight hr weight loss issues and just wanting to eat. I'm thankful that nausea hasn't kicked in yet, but I'm not even 5 weeks and know its coming. However, I'm getting shaky if I Dont have something constantly on my stomach.

I lost 70 lbs (which includes my 16 lbs of pregnancy weight) in the last 2 years. Its so hard mentally to be okay with gaining.

I am just trying to choose healthy options- lots of fruits, raw and steamed veggies, whole grains (think rice cakes). Only drinking water and walking everyday.

In the end, you're going to gain what you will gain. All you can do is exactly what you are- eat right and get some exercise in. I like thinking of it as I'm going to gain, but by the end, my journey won't be as bad as it was last time. Meaning if I gain 30 lbs, fine..its still 40 less than where I was at last time and makes it that much easier.

I think most pregnancy nausea is relieved by eating. But I had different m/s symptoms in my pregnancies-first was a girl, second wasca boy. My nausea with the boy was less intense but it lasted longer- for 17 weeks. I also had different cravings. Sweet things for my girl and savoury for my son.

My first two pregnancies I ate melted cheese sandwiches, jacket potatoes and croissants (with melted cheese) from week 4 to week 12 to keep myself from feeling and being sick.

This pregnancy, a continuous supply of grapes keeps the sickness at bay, until after my evening meal when I feel like crap and I just have to go to bed. So I guess I kind of have it the other way round to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->