Nct?

I enjoyed our NCT classes. Mainly the friendships though. There were only 5 couples including me and OH. Age ranges from 28-40. The information was useful although very focussed on doing things naturally obviously and making me believe that breastfeeding was straightforward and we'd all be able to do it. Everything went out the window once in labour though! 12 hours in, contractions one on top of the other, baby found to be breech, rushed off for an EMCS, breastfeeding didn't work for us. NCT classes don't prepare you for that. They don't tell you how to safely prepare a bottle should you need to.

To sum up, I'm very glad we did the course but would go in with an open mind and not expect everytning to be as fluffy and perfect as they make out! 2 years on we're all still really good friends.

Thanks for this - great advice there! It sounds to me like it might be a lot of "idealised" information - to be honest, I need all the info and theory I can get my hands on!!

x

I thought bf was going to come naturally too and it was a shock that I found it so hard! I really struggled but for anyone planning to bf, the support on here is great x

I didn't do nct but a group of them at our baby sensory class met through nct classes. They were the biggest bunch of cliquey bitches. They were complete dicks towards me

Ehh, what are NCT classes?!

I *think* they might be a UK thing Eris - they're a charity run parenting club who run birthing classes and other things :) x

THank you! I was kinda looking it up and didn't really see anything for the US, however, I do want to do hypnobirthing now! Hopefully my previa fixes itself and i'm able to have a normal birth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->