• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NE england ladies- anyone planning the new hospital in Cramlington?

bitethebullet

Reaction score
Hi there. I was wondering if anyone is booking into the new hospital? I had my little girl in the RVI last time and didn't have an entirely positive experience (it's just such a busy hospital that feeding people etc. is last on their list of priorities!). I wanted to book into the Wansbeck but I was told I would have to book into the new hospital at cramlington instead. Hopefully I'll get a chance to see the hospital before I go but I was wondering if anyone had any info on the maternity services that will be there.

Hiya, Yes I'm booked on there. I also had dd at the rvi and although I found them ok I wanted to be able to keep my scans more local. My midwife said she'd Bern to cramlington and was really impressed. I managed to see a brief video on the maternity dept, think it was on their fb page. They'll surely do tours though once they're open, I hope so anyway.

Thank you! I haven't had much info yet so was interested. I'm currently trying to decide whether to vbac or not but just found out this baby is breech too so unless that changes then it'll be likely that I'm having another c section.

Hi, I delivered at Wansbeck last time (didn't have a great experience but I was induced so that led to other issues) but am going to Cramlington this time. Does anyone know how we can book a tour? :-D

Forgot to say....there's a midwife led part then a DR part like RVI apparently & a leaflet I saw said there are private rooms rather than a ward (Wansbeck had a post natal ward rather than individual rooms).

Sorry im having a nosey, im from around the area but moved away in 08. I had my little girl at wansbeck in 07, visiting family earlier in year i seen that place Now I know what it is :)

i'm assuming we'll be told about tours at a later appointment. I didn't have a tour of the RVI as I was booked in to hexham MLU. I was gutted to not be able to deliver there and I'm now automatically high risk so can't go there again (although I will probably ask to transfer back there after). Nice to hear that there are individual rooms- I was in a really packed ward in the RVI and felt there was absolutely no privacy. The beds and cots were so close together that the lady and her visitors in the next bed kept knocking into my baby's cot. I've heard that other people have had a much better experience at the RVI so I might just be unlucky.

Forgot to say....there's a midwife led part then a DR part like RVI apparently & a leaflet I saw said there are private rooms rather than a ward (Wansbeck had a post natal ward rather than individual rooms).

Yes my midwife told me that, she had seen it apparently. I saw on fb the other day that you could message them questions so I asked about tours, just waiting on reply. Since I'll be continuing to have my scans etc at rake lane it's really just to get an idea of where the entrance is and parking etc. Don't want to be faffing last minute. I too am high risk so I'll be consultant led, although I'm not sure if the midwife and consultant areas are as separate as rvi. Private postnatal rooms will be brill, I hated the ward last time, I've also heard they will allow fathers to stay in the postnatal bit.

That would be great if fathers can stay over after. I have just been on their Facebook page to see the video. I am eager to have a practice run to see how long it takes to get to the hospital.

Parking is only £1 per day as well which is good....

That's brilliant if parking is only £1 a day, the rvi was nearly £8 a day and I was there four days.

There's a good chance I'll have an elective especially if this little one is breech too so would be I there around the 5th. I'll tie a red ribbon in my hair for identification purposes ;)

Haha we shoukd all have diff coloured ribbons...that would confuse the midwives if everyone starting coming in with ribbons....I am prob going to be in a week or so after you (unless baby wants to come before due date)

In case you all didn't know, I saw on their fb page today that you could book visits directly by calling them, I'm booked for 30th August 7pm. The number you need is 01916072018

Brilliant thanks. I have my obstetric appointment On July 27th but will be at the wansbeck

Hi ladies. How are you all feeling? Have any of you visited the hospital yet? I've been up at the wansbeck 3 times for consultant appointments but now have my c section booked for 7th Oct!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->