Nearly 7 weeks and no heartbeat

JLORDY

Reaction score
I conceived using IUI, so I know within a 24-hour window when I conceived. I should be at 6 weeks, 6 days. I had a scan at 6 weeks one day. Fetal pole was there in the yolk sac but no heartbeat. Doc said no cause for concern, just come back in a few days, which is today.

Today, we could still see fetal pole, although it's measuring about a week behind (no growth since last scan earlier in the week) and there was still no heartbeat. Doc wants to schedule a D&C for Monday.

The pros of doing the D&C is the ability to send the specimen off for testing to see what went wrong and not having to wait on things to take care of itself naturally--I hear there can be a fair amount of bleeding.

But just wondering if there's any reason not to proceed as she's suggested. By Monday, I'd be 7 weeks 1 day and they'd do another scan before the procedure just to make sure. Assuming no one had lack of heartbeat at 7 weeks only to have a sustained/healthy pregnancy later on?

Thanks

Sorry you have to go through this, it must be scary. My friend just went through all this couple of weeks ago. She was suggested to do D/C as well, but refused and waited until 8 weeks 4 days. And that's when she seen heartbeat!

I don't have medical advice, or experience of my own, but waiting another week wont hurt at this point.

I personally would wait for at least a week before making up your mind. I've heard it go both ways many times and I wouldn't want to give you false hope, but I'd want to be sure. I'm so sorry you're having to go through this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->