Nearly 9 mths, how many feeds?

blueberryuk

Reaction score
Originally put this in the breastfeeding section but thinking I may have more replies here...

My LO is nearly 9 mths now and only really feeds properly first thing in the morning and last thing at night. He will occassionally take some in the day but only if I offer, he doesn't seem that fussed.

Is he getting enough? He's on 3 meals a day which are well balanced and include lots of calcium rich foods.

I also wondered if it would be ok to give him warm whole milk as a drink? I don't really want to give him follow on formula.

...Thanks, Anna

I don't think you need to worry, he sounds fine. Maybe offer the feeds in the day and he can if he wants.

The recommendation is not to give whole cow's milk as a drink until 12 months. This is due to the higher salt content, and lower concentration of other nutrients.

Ah, didn't know about the salt content in milk... thanks for your reply

That's what Finn started doing, I do give him follow on in his porridge and in a sippy if he wants though.

Phoebe has 3 feeds a day, she takes 20-24oz during this time.

Aisling has 2 feeds a day but it's really just the morning and night time ones that she's bothered with. I offer one after her lunchtime nap and she'll take it but she's not too bothered. I posted a question in the bfing section a couple of weeks ago and most of the ladies said their LO's were the same (3 feeds at about 8 months) and this then dropped to 2 feeds in the next few weeks and months. Sounds about right!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->