nearly fainting every time i eat

wishing4ababy

mummy of 3 gorgeous LO's!
Reaction score
has anyone else had this? whenever I eat anything (even in small amounts!) i nearly black out and feel really sick. :sick: had to come home early from my birthday meal on saturday night because of it :cry: and i was the same all day yesterday! :hissy:

I have never had it hun . But didnt want to read and run .
If its getting that bad hun , I would seriously reccomend having a word with the midwife for any suggestions . xx .

I have never had it hun . But didnt want to read and run .
If its getting that bad hun , I would seriously reccomend having a word with the midwife for any suggestions . xx .

thanks hun. I think I will give her a ring. :hug:

I hate the feeling ive been sat at work almost feeling like i could pass out

Get it seen to

i'd speak to the midwife, it could be very extreme morning sickness - but the midwife can give you something to stop you feeling so sick and help you eat.

I have been fainting from the very start of my pregnancy but never from eating..mine seems to be the opposite..if I dont eat. The doctor says it's normal and a pregnancy mystery...greeeeat! She and he..I saw two doctors because its pretty worrisome to faint without warning..and both said they cant explain it or do very much about it.

Just don't get up too fast, especially if you have been sitting for some time. Make sure you eat, even small meals (apples are VERY good for this, as they have tons of vitamins) and get lots of sleep.

I would ring your midwife/doctor though because fainting when eating seems odd..

Are you maybe waiting too long to eat? I know sometimes if I wait too long to eat, I get very sick to my stomach and my head goes very fuzzy. But yet I am not having any other 'hunger' signs, such as my stomach isnt grumbling...I dont feel hungry. I dont know...

Sorry I cant be more help!

thanks girls. Just waiting for midwife to ring me back. will keep you posted. xxx

I got like that a bit yesterday.. it was horrid. I felt like i was going to faint. hubby made me some sweet tea and toast and i felt loads better. I think i might have needed sugar

I read somewhere that thats low blood pressure as when you eat it opens up valves for blood causing you to get dizzy as I have had this a few times. get your blood pressure checked. I have it now and I just ate only my BP is fine . I had it actually before i was preg a few years ago for some reason.

thanks girls. well my midwife rang me back and said it is probably my bp that is really low - but there is nothing she can (or would) do about it and i needed to wait until my actual midwife was back off her hols to deal with it then!! :grr:
xx

Oh hun I'm sorry your having a rough time,I have dizziness because of low BP but they don't seem to offer much help at the hospital.

One MW even said to me 'well its nothing,its high BP we worry about ' ???

Hope you are feeling better very soon (((hugs)))

I had that yesterday..almost passed out about 5 times in the mall with my mom. Had to sit every 5 mins :( I think it was because I hadn't had any sugar or anything to eat that morning :( Not fun!!

I have been suffering with a lot of dizziness, nearly fainted in the supermarket and got outside and was sick all over the pavement. Really attractive haha, not at my 'glowing' stage yet then!
I would go and see the doctor, I did, so they could check for anaemia. It wasn't anaemia but they are going to check me again in a week so I will let you know how it goes. Let us know how you get on.
Big huge hugs.
Dana x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"