Necessary Evil

asparagus12

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I've been lurking on this forum for a while now and decided its finally time to say hello!!

Ok, A bit about me and where I am at the moment.....

I came off cerazette on the 1st October and have since had a 5 day (assuming withdrawal) bleed. I thought I was doing ok with no other symptoms of coming off the pill, but they now seem to have hit with a vengeance!! My nipples are so so sore at the moment ( not boobs just nipples which is odd!!) Had AF type aches and a heavy feeling in my lower abs. I've also been really quite tired and Erm... 'Slightly' short tempered with OH, which isn't like me. Luckily he sees the funny side as he knows its just hormones speaking and it's a necessary evil if we want a baby.

How long did it take other people to feel normal after coming off the pill?!

It's so confusing that some of these symptoms are the same as pregnancy! Although we have had sex a few times since coming off I seriously doubt I could be pregnant already.

Oh the only good thing is my appetite has reduced loads and I'm craving lots of fresh fruit and veg and wholesomeness! Have definitely lost a few pounds in the past couple of weeks, but I don't have scales, so just going by clothes/reflection.

Anyway that's me at the moment... Looking forward to chatting with you all and hopefully getting our BFPs together!!

Hello! I am new here also as I just stopped taking BC 2 months ago. I would say after about 5 weeks I felt "normal" again. The first few weeks were the worst. I had really sore boobs, bloating, and a headache for days. I've read you can have pregnancy type symptoms when you stop because your hormones are trying to regulate themselves.

the first month i came off the pill i was sure i was pregnant but it was just my hormones settling down to normal.

I'm new also, its been about 6 years since I stopped taking BC. I didn't have any symptoms at all when I stopped. And It took nearly a year to get pregnant after we stopped.

I stopped the pill back in June and remember feeling headachey and foggy for a few days. I also had really sore nipples a couple of weeks later (something that hasnt returned since!) and I have actually gained 3-4lbs in weight! Doesnt sound like a lot but I can feel it. I've been following a diet plan for the past 4.5 years and seems that since coming off the pill, I've found it hard to keep it off and cant lose it as easily as before :(

One funny thing I've noticed though is that I dont drink as much diet coke as before! Would rather have a glass of water/squash with my meal when eating out than a coke. Weird!

On 4th month NTNP and we were careful the first month after stopping as I wanted to have my first natural period. I was on the pill 12 years without a break so wanted to see how my body was first. Have been regular since which is a good sign. Last month I thought I could've been pregnant, was very emotional, moody and kept getting hot flushes. Then the witch showed up!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->