need a few small ideas for 14m old?

loeylo

1DD, 1 pup, WTT#2
Reaction score
I already have got Gracie a trampoline, a wooden jigsaw, lots of books, some musical toys, a drawing pad, crayons, some bath toys, bubbles and a light up ball.

Maybe looking to spend around £50 more on her but I'm looking to get a few cheaper presents rather than a big main thing. She has lots of big toys but not many small ones.

Ideally I want something that she will be able to play with over the next year, we don't really buy toys through the year so I'm aiming at the 18m+ age bracket.

We are quite interested in shape sorters and educational things, or maybe things to go in a sensory basket. Is she too old for a sensory basket?

I think you've mentioned most of the things I would automatically think of anyway.
To be honest it sounds like she has a good range of things and if you can't think of anything else in time then I wouldn't worry too much.
The only other thing I can think of is one of those with all the letters and numbers on and when she presses it it makes the sound of the letter. Nothing else I can think of would count as educational

I've bought my 13 month old daughter some of the Little People Disney Princess range, some Playskool My Little Pony figures and sets, the leapfrog sharing picnic basket, push and go My Little Pony Pinkie Pie, push along Disney carousel, Fisher Price Tea set and Piggy Bank...hope this helps.
In her stocking she has a small bead maze, tambourine, board books, rag doll

How about some Happyland bits? My 14 month old loves Happyland, as does my 3.5 year old (and even my 5 year old, as long as none of his friends are around :haha:). It is great for imaginative play. I think ELC/Mothercare have some of the sets 1/2 price at the moment too, or Ebay is always good for picking up a bundle.

Thanks ladies. I got a few things in Wilko today, spent £12 and got three gifts so I think we are FINALLY done! Got a wooden shape sorter, a mini bead rollercoaster and one of those toys where you hammer the pegs in. Might get her one more "bigger" present like the happyland things or an aquadoodle. Thanks ladies, going to have one happy little girl (and two happy parents!)

As pp my mum has brought my 18 month old an alphabet bus which says letter names but also does songs like wheels on the bus. I can't remember the make of it but it's been on offer everywhere this year so only cost about £15

Our Lo is a similar age & we've got her:
A doll and pram (just a cheap little stroller style one)
Musical instruments
Puzzles
Happyland cherry cottage set
Aqua doodle mat
Beat bo
Bath toys
Books
Bubble machine

We were the same and wanted stuff for 18 months + so we got the Happyland set which is 2+ but I'm sure she'll enjoy playing with it. It was £25 instead of £50 I'm ELC this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->