Need a good lie...

Amygdala

Reaction score
Ok, so this is a bit of an unusual one. On Tuesday, when I'm 11 weeks, my cousin and his family will be arriving to stay with us for a week. We're not that close, so between previous losses and not having announced the pregnancy to our kids, parents or siblings, I'm really not ready to tell them. I'm not being sick anymore but I get very tired (I mean, close your eyes and pass out kinda tired), feel light headed a lot and I get headaches sometimes, horrible nausea, especially if I don't eat on time, and sometimes cramping when I walk too much.
They're hiring a car for me to drive them around, which isn't cheap, and we've got plans every day for a week. Which is just as well because although I like them, I seriously don't know what we'd talk about for a week if we didn't have plans. But I'm dreading not being able to rest.

So... Any ideas for a good white lie that would allow me to go to bed early and take a day off if I really can't cope? I've been thinking I could say I've got a migraine but that doesn't really explain my being ill for a week! And obviously I don't want to tell them that I'm sick because I don't want them to worry about catching anything. Anything non-contagious that I could be being treated for maybe? Ear infection??? I'm a bit stuck as to how to handle this. I don't like lying to them but I really can't tell them the truth.

Say that you have low blood pressure and your often tired..your not a night owl and your up since 6am x even before I was pregnant I could never stay up late :haha:

The blood pressure thing is good! Not even a lie. Not sure if I can get away with going to bed unexcused though, I think they'd think that quite rude. :-/

I'd say you're anaemic and it's wiping you out. That also makes you light-headed and breathless if you exert yourself too much xxxxxx

Can you say you are getting over a really bad head cold, and maybe get them to drive themselves one day and you can just sleep?

Unfortunately I'm the only named driver for the car. They drive on the other side of the road so are afraid to drive here. So it really wouldn't be fair of me to take a day off, as they're paying for the car which is only of use to them if I drive it. I like the anemia idea as well. Feels like a subtle untruth rather than a huge big fat lie.

That's tough! Ear infection is good, or allergies? Minor injury? Allergic reaction? Food poisoning or tummy virus? Gosh thats a hard spot to be in sorry!

Last pregnancy, my "go-to" lie was that i was on antibiotics for some random (non-contagious) infection, and that's why i couldn't drink alcohol. You could also use that as an excuse, that the meds are making you tired, you're having side-effects from them, etc.

anaemic is a good one i think- explains tiredness and needing to rest- or a thyroid issue which can also cause tiredness?

Take rest, don't over do it.

I would say i am having tests done for a thyroid problem because i am feeling exhausted more often than normal etc. Pretty sure thyroid issues can cause tiredness. X

So when I went to bed yesterday, I discovered a small bleed. Needless to say, I completely panicked, seeing as we have a history of missed miscarriages. But after a night at the hospital, a vaginal check and finally an ultrasound, I'm so relieved to report that all seems well in there. But of course the doctor told me to rest! :-/
So I've now told our visitors that I have a suspected kidney infection. That way I can go to bed early and also sit down lots. Plus antibiotics nicely explain the lack of drinking and the occasional nausea. I still hate that I'm lying but I don't see another way for now.

Oh just read your last post. So sorry about scare but glad all is well. Kidney infection sounds good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->