Need a small pram - is the Bugaboo Bee worth the money?

Speccy

New mummy to Matilda
Reaction score
We're looking into travel systems at the moment, but the boot of our car is ridiculously tiny, so we need something small. I prefer small prams anyway - I'm only 4'11", and whenever I push a larger one, I feel like a kid who has been allowed to push their little brother or sister in the pram! Plus, I don't drive so when my husband is at work I'll be using buses.

We've narrowed it down to 3 - Mamas & Papas' Urbo, Babystyle Oyster, and the Bugaboo Bee - my personal favourite! I was happy with the Urbo when I tried it in the shop, but most of the reviews I've read on it have commented on the wheels being faulty, which has put me off a little. And I just love the Bee, especially the colours. I never intended on spending that much though, and am wondering if the quality of it far outweighs the other two and makes the bigger spend worthwhile. I do intend on using it for my next child too, so I guess that's something to think about.

If anyone has any experiences to share I'd be very grateful - thank you :flower:

I LOVE the Bee and imo its def worth the money.
But if you do a lot of walking on very even paths or rough ground it isnt going to be any good tbh as it has small wheels so would be a bumpy ride for baby and you.
If you live in a town and use it for around town and on public transport then i would say it is perfect to your needs.
I will be getting one as my smaller pram but my main pram will be a Bugaboo Cameleon as i like to get out walking and it has a proper carrycot and we do a lot of walking in woods with the dogs and older kids so i need a pram that is all terrain, the Bee will be my boot buggy.

I love my Bee Plus. It's my third pram and the only one I've been 100% happy with. It doesn't actually fold that small though, I don't think - have you tried it in your boot? It's fairly wide when folded as it just folds down, not umbrella style or anything. You can take the seat off though.

It's narrow enough to go down the aisle of the buses round here which is great and is really easy and comfortable to push. The wheels are small but the suspension is great so it's fine over things like cobbles. It is also fine in up to 2 inches of snow on top of a hard surface like paths and it's fine over grass and the slightly bumpier grass like you'd get next to a path in the park, but it wouldn't be good through long grass or very uneven ground. It will NOT work on sand at all!

We got ours when LO was older but I'm now expecting another baby. I'm not bothering with the newborn insert thing as they're not cheap and I know other people who have not bothered and been fine. I do have a generic headhugger though, just in case.

As you have a while to go yet, I would shop around and look out for offers. We managed to get ours when there was a 20% off Mothercare code so it reduced the price quite a bit.

Mothercare babyplan is offering 15% off anything you order on their babyplan x

I love my Bee. Its the older version but is fab.

We have a VW lupo and it fits in the boot fine. I did look at the oyster but was put off by the seperate carrycot - which wouldnt fit in our boot. A complete bee fits in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->