Need advice- anyone got pregnant 5 days before ovulation

Katie Mc

Reaction score
Just wanted to know if anyone has got pregnant from having sex 5 days before ovulation. We plan to start trying in several months but got carried away on Sunday 12th, last period began 4th April and I have 28 day cycles. I feel I ovulated yesterday (16th) if not before then. Thanks in advance x

For this little one we did donations 7 and 5 days before I ovulated as I ovulated late. Still worked for us, but it's not the "norm."

With my 2.5 year old we bd five days before ov! We really thought we were out!!

Sperm can live up to five days so its possible but it would have to be really healthy strong sperm to last that long. So it does happen but not as often as dtd right before.

Thanks, I thought we would be fine. The more reading I do the more I realise this is not the case. We would be happy with what ever was the outcome though. Guess it's a waiting game now then for the next 2 weeks :wacko:

That is amazing, to think the healthy swimmers were just sitting there waiting

So...my partner and I dtd on 11th march and he didn't withdraw as normal. I checked my online period tracker and saw that I was due to ovulate on the 17th and told him it was pretty close. Well, i must have ovulated a bit earlier because I'm now 6 weeks pregnant. Good luck! X

Sorry....that sounded a bit flippant....I didn't mean it too! (That's what I get for going online whilst watching made in Chelsea!)

Sorry....that sounded a bit flippant....I didn't mean it too! (That's what I get for going online whilst watching made in Chelsea!)

Wow that is amazing, even though we was meant to be waiting until next year I feel a bit excited now. X

I got pregnant twice from having sex five days before ovulation.

Sperm can live up to five days so its possible but it would have to be really healthy strong sperm to last that long. So it does happen but not as often as dtd right before.

I though I'd heard it was 6 days. But I may be wrong...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->