Need Advice, Don't want Smoke around my Baby

This is a really difficult one. My in laws smoke in their house and although we have told them they cannot smoke around baby, how can we expect them to not smoke in their own home before we go round, which we will have to do. Fil is a heavy smoker and has severely yellow fingers (yuk I know!) and has made no effort to stop smoking around me (I work with him) so I can't see him washing his hands and changing clothes after each cig.
I will tell them to wash hands but mw said babies shouldn't go near anyone for an hour after smoking

I am going to purchase a long sleeve scrub for my mom to put on. She can wash her hands and not kiss baby at birth. The only thing I can think of without pissing her off. My husband would blatantly tell her not to touch the baby period. Cant have that. Everyone we know is an hour away so the first time with baby will be important as they wont get to come often.

This is a really important issue to me and my husband and we were extremely strict about it with our son. My fil smokes and he'd make sure he didn't smoke a couple of hours before we came. He didn't smoke in his house but if he did we wouldn't go round! My mum didn't bother coming to visit until my son was 4 months old and as I knew she was a heavy smoker I warned her that if she smelled of smoke she wouldn't be holding him. She said she understood but when she arrived she stank of smoke, as if she'd just had a fag. So I didn't let her hold my son. She swore she didn't have a fag all morning but I just apologised and that was that. Harsh maybe but I'd warned her and I'm more concerned about my son than upsetting anyone

Awws because people some in their homes EVERYTHING stinks, I hope that wasnt her problem and she really didnt smoke. At least she understood. =)

I don't know anyone who smokes but my grandmother reeks of perfume so I always put a cloth between her clothes and my babies, I think it's too strong for them. I tell her it's because they are spilly babies (which they are) and I'm protecting her clothes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->