Need advice on contraception

catty

Reaction score
Sorry if this is the wrong area but wasn't sure where else.
so iv now had baby no.2 :):) we now have 2 babies under 1! I feel like we are definately done having babies now almost 100% but don't think we'd have any permanent procedures just yet.

anyway what can I take now, iv searched and I just don't no. I don't trust myself to take a pill every single day, condoms aren't reliable for us, when I took the pill it made me very moody and hormonal.

I NEED to take something but no idea what, oh and I really don't want to put on weight!

I have the coil. Its been great for me. Lasts years, delayed my periods as I had it fitted before they returned pp. No weight gain (until I stopped bf!) and no other side effects. I had some spotting and cramping in the first few weeks but thats all.

The copper coil is non hormonal and lasts up to 10 years x

Iv got the implant, Iv had no periods but it's caused decreased sex drive my arm hurts where it is, really moody etc I'm having it took out !

Once I'm done having babies I'm going to have one of the coils, not sure which yet. The mirena is good as the hormones stay in your uterus so you don't get any side effects

I have a Mirena IUD and haven't had any problems with moodiness or weight gain even though it is hormone based. There's a couple of days here and there when I feel really PMSy but after a couple of months, I didn't even have to deal with the monthly messiness.

It's good for 5 years without any mucking with it, plus you can have it removed early if you decide you do want another. The zero-effort-required is great for busy moms like we all are.

Did any of you find the coil excruciatingly painful when her insert it? Xx

I've got a copper coil, I've had no side effects and the insertation was fine. No pain at all!

implant/patch is what id go for hun.

Iv never been a fan of the coil.. and my poor friend who was convinced by her gp that it was the best thing.. is at this moment awaiting an emergency appointmetn because she woke at 5:30am with contractions and shortly after her coil fell out.. she is now still bleeding and in serious pain. Its not the first time i've heard of this happening either. xxx

Did any of you find the coil excruciatingly painful when her insert it? Xx

I didn't find the mirena overly bad when it got inserted. It was uncomfortable, to be sure, and there was some cramping after, but I've experienced worse.

I love my Mirena. Although I am on it for vastly different reasons, I love it. I too get PMSey symptoms once a month without bleeding though, which is great. I don't know if my doc was just man-handling me or what, but it hurt like a bitch when I got it inserted! I remember feeling very faint afterwards and I had to lay down for an extra 5-10 minutes. Maybe I wasn't expecting THAT sort of pain, or if it really did hurt as bad as I thought, but woooo! After that it's cake though! No weight gain here either. I'm 2 years into it.

I love my Mirena. Although I am on it for vastly different reasons, I love it. I too get PMSey symptoms once a month without bleeding though, which is great. I don't know if my doc was just man-handling me or what, but it hurt like a bitch when I got it inserted! I remember feeling very faint afterwards and I had to lay down for an extra 5-10 minutes. Maybe I wasn't expecting THAT sort of pain, or if it really did hurt as bad as I thought, but woooo! After that it's cake though! No weight gain here either. I'm 2 years into it.

I had a woman put mine in, maybe it makes a difference. But she also said that if you've experienced labor pains/contractions it doesn't seem as bad. I was kind of light headed for a few minutes after, too, but she said that was normal.

Thanks everyone, completely forgot id put this thread on. Tbh I'm still so confused on what to get but I definately want one long term with minimal effort so I will look into all the ones use have suggested thank you!!

I had a coil once put in by a women and it was almost the worst pain I ever felt. Much much worse than anything in labour or birth. I almost fainted and had to spend the rest of the day in bed. I had a lot of pain for weeks after it was in and got it removed at my first period!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->