Need advice on feeds - Am I feeding Evie too much?

Mynx

Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls!!
Reaction score
Hey girls....

Evie is just over 3 weeks old and has been pretty much consistantly taking 4oz of Aptamil around every 3-4 hours and yesterday and today has been really fussing and wanting a feed after an hour and a half or 2 hours... she only takes a couple of oz. then will sleep for a 3 hours, drain a 4oz bottle, sleep for an hour and then start fussing for another feed! I can usually drag it out for another hour or so as she'll keep dozing off. Should I start giving her 5 oz. with her feeds? She doesnt always drain a 4 oz feed, but it's getting more frequent compared with a couple of days ago. Is she going thru a growth spurt? If so, will she still be as hungry after or will she revert back to her previous feeding pattern?
One other question... she really sleeps alot! I know I shouldnt really complain but I do worry that she might be sleeping too much.. she dozes off towards the end of her feeds and then will often stay asleep, even if I change her bum and will only really wake up for feeds lol! She was starting to get a little more active but has been really sleepy since getting fussy with her feeds. Is this part of a growth spurt?

Thanks ladies.. it's been so long since I did it last time that I've pretty much forgotten the whole feeding malarky, and besides, the guidelines have all changed since then too lol!

Gaaahh!!!

Hey, havent really got an answer to your question but my LO sounds like that atm, shes 3 weeks today, normally has 4oz but yest i started to give 5oz, she sometimes drinks all of it and other times she sticks to her 4oz but has more frequent feeds, maybe they are having a growth spurt ? Offer her 5oz and see what happens?! x

If her feeds and sleep have both increased then it sounds like a growth spurt.

When she starts fussing and only takes a couple of oz's are you sure it's hunger and not just comfort sucking? Have you tried a dummy first?

I also increased Violets milk by an oz once she was regulary draining her bottles (say 4 or 5 bottles out of 6 a day).

Their feeding and sleeping patterns tend to change a lot when they're this young - as soon as you think you've got their routine sussed, they'll change it! So try to go with the flow once she's finished the growth spurt - you might find she doesn't want as much again or her feeding times might have changed.

Sounds like the little lady is having a growth spurt. I usually just give my LO food when he wants it whilst going through this phase as he usually reverts back to normal in about a week or so.

Mine is having a major growth spurt at the moment....I am feeding him 6oz nearly every 2 hours at the minute! I am sure he will calm down soon though.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"