Need advice- please don't judge

gk1701

Reaction score
I can't say any of this to anyone.

I desperately wanted another little girl. I just found out yesterday I'm having a boy. I feel like I'm mourning the little girl I wanted. I had an image in my head of my 2 daughters playing together. I'm so sad my daughter won't have a sister. I have sisters who are my best friends.

Also, this will sound terrible, but my husband already has a son. He is failing school, has bad behaviour in school, has bad manners....he's just a mess. When I say bad behaviour, I mean very bad behaviour. I know it's not the child's fault and parenting has a lot to do with it. I just keep wondering if my son will be like him and what a disaster that would be.

I'm 5 months pregnant. My baby is 8 months old. The pregnancy wasn't planned and now this. I don't feel bonded with the new baby at all. I don't know what to do.

first of all - breathe. it will be okay in the end. as for the behaviour, i don't think you have to worry about that. like you said, that reflects on the parenting and since you know you don't want your child like that, you will make a concious effort to raise him differently and he will be a sweet little boy.

there's not much advice to give regarding a daughter instead of a son... unfortunately, that is something you will grieve and heal over. in order to bond though, would it help to pick out names or perhaps go shopping for little boy clothes? try to find him a really cute leather jacket or something that would perk you right up?

i am sorry for your gd though <3

I'm sorry you're feeling like this. If its any consolation boys are not all failures at school. My eldest has always been well behaved and hard working. My sons are also very loving. My youngest is constantly telling me he loves me. At the moment my eldest is cuddling up to me on the sofa. Boys can be great too :hugs:

I'm sorry to hear you are upset but honestly boys are amazing! my ds tells me everyday at least 10 times that he loves me.

I too have a stepson who is not well behaved and can cause a few problems, I just make an even more conscious effort to make sure my ds is not like that and everyone always complements me on how well behaved and loving he is. You're right it's the parenting your son will not be like that. Congrats xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->