Need advice... time to POAS?

CalliThom

Reaction score
Hi ladies. Hubby and I are TTC for #1 and this is our fourth month. Had a setback last month as he suffered a pretty severe concussion about 7 weeks ago so obviously the times to BD took a back seat to him doing what was necessary to recover. He had a great upswing in health right before my fertile window so we were able to BD plenty! I haven't been temping or charting but have a very, very regular cycle and always have clear signs when I am about to O so I am pretty confident we BD at the right time. I had beginnings of EWCM on Tuesday and Wednesday (4/16-17) and heaving EWCM on Thursday (4/18) that continued through Saturday (4/20). We BD on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday... Like I said, he had a big "upswing" in health. :winkwink: I had my classic twinge in my right ovary on Saturday afternoon which is right in line with my normal O pattern (usually have that same twinge on the last day of my EWCM). Here's what has happened since (assuming Saturday 4/20 was my O day):

1-2 dpo: Nothing unusual
3 dpo - woke up with the beginnings of a sore throat. went away by lunch time. thought it was dry air
4 dpo - sore throat again that lingered all day. sinuses started to get a bit stuffy
5 dpo - sore throat worse, sinuses now completely stuffed, cough starts (could be allergies but I've never had them before)
6 dpo - very little sleep, took my temp and was up from where I tend to be but have no coverline to compare against. guess it could be a cold instead of allergies?
7 dpo - completely exhausted today, boobs sore on outside only, more appetite than usual but coffee is not appetizing at all (I am a coffee hound). cough going away, throat still sore, sniffles going away too. decided I might as well take temp again to see how it compares and it went up a bit more than yesterday.
8 dpo - increased appetite again today, temp drop, thin pinkish streak on TP when wiping (TMI? Sorry...), boobs still sore but only on outside. Big zit on my cheekbone... very unusual for me.
9 dpo (today) - same appetite increase, temp went back up, streaks on TP have changed to a more dark red/brownish color (TMI again! Sorry!) and I have some light cramps.

Some notes: I NEVER have had an early period. I am 27 and the only abnormality I've ever had in my cycle was the month I graduated from college and I was 4 days LATE which I attributed to stress of finals and such. Also I never have cramps before AF shows up. My cramps always start the day after she shows her face so the cramps today are really unusual.

My question: Am I nuts to think that this might be the month? Hubby and I are taking a very casual approach to TTC because we are really spiritual people and believe that it is going to happen when the good Lord decides it should anyways so we don't need to fret about it. That being said, some of these things are pretty odd for me so I'm getting pretty anxious to POAS. Is it too early? AF is due to show Friday/Saturday for me. Should I just hold off or give it a shot? Thanks ladies!

:test::test::test::test::test:

Sounds very good to me!

I'll be stalking!:flower:

Took a first response test tonight and BFN. Figured it might be too early since I still have a bit of brown discharge when I wipe but I couldn't resist. Will wait until Friday or Saturday to test now. Thanks ladies, ill be sure to update with symptoms along the way.

Thought I would update: I have some serious cramping and bloating going on tonight. Kind of feels like AF is near but I am at LEAST 5 days away and never have these kinds of PMS things going on. Am I out? Help talk me off the cliff :cry:

Your not out until she shows!got everything crossed for you :)

How are you feeling today??

still some bleeding on the TP this morning but has now gone from pink to brown to somewhat red this morning. no more cramping after last night's sleep. red is bad, right? this is driving me bonkers!

Could still be implantation bleeding. You're not out till full flow starts hon.

I have never been one to spend much time on TTC forums but you ladies are so kind. I'm feeling much more at ease this afternoon but battling a wee headache. Will check back in if anything changes. Thanks for all the support and follows!

It's stressful this ttc business!!

Happy to help though :flower:

Well all spotting has completely stopped and the tugging/cramping quit this evening. Really going to try to hold of testing until the weekend but not sure I'll be able to resist since I have a brand new pack of FRER sitting on the back of the toilet! Will check back in after I end up testing. Praying!

I would try and hold off for a couple more days because if its ib it won't show up for a couple more days.....gl to you though I suck at waiting :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->