Need advice!

Tinaness4

Reaction score
This is my first post on this site so I am going to do my best to keep it short yet as detailed as possible.

I have been diagnosed with PCOS (not recently). The most prominent, and possibly only, side effect from this syndrome is that I don't have periods. I was on the birth control pill for years and finally came off of it several years back (maybe 5 or 6 years ago) which is when I noticed that I wasn't having periods on my own.

In order to conceive my first child, I had to use Provera and Clomid. It worked almost immediately and I now have a 3 year old daughter. However, after I gave birth to her, I never went back on birth control and didn't have any periods. So, about 3 months ago, I got a new prescription for Provera (without Clomid) just so it would bring on a period as I hadn't had a period in years. I used the Provera once (for 7 days) and it DIDN'T bring on a period. So, I used the Provera again (for 10 days) and it DID bring on a period. That was about 3 months ago.

After using the Provera and having a period, I began testing for ovulation daily using both test strips that I purchased online (cheap) as well as the Clearblue Fertility Monitor. The highest LH surge that the Clearblue Fertility Monitor detected was "high" - not "peak." However, I believe it was about 2 weeks later, I had a period.

Once again, I began testing for ovulation using both the cheap test strips as well as the Clearblue Fertility Monitor again. This time, the Clearblue Fertility Monitor detected a "peak" in LH on both day 19 and 20 of my cycle. This is now 10 days since that second "peak" result.

I have been testing using pregnancy test strips that I bought online (cheap) as well as I have used 2 First Response pregnancy tests between 4 dpo and today (10 dpo). All have come back negative so far. However, I have also used the cheap ovulation test strips every day and they were getting darker around 6-7 (maybe 8) dpo but now they are super negative. When I got up this morning and used the washroom, I did not notice any spotting or anything. However, an hour or two later, I went back to use the washroom and noticed that I was bleeding. Not heavily and not a lot, but I was bleeding. It was red. I checked a few times since and there was less and less, turned brownish, and now I'm not bleeding at all. I do have some very mild cramping.

Can anyone shed any light or advice as to whether or not 10 dpo is too early to have a period or why I might have been bleeding? When would be a good time to take a First Response pregnancy test? Why would the ovulation tests have been getting darker around 6-7 (maybe 8) dpo? I'm so confused.

Thank you!

I don't know the specifics of everything that's going on but I do know that you often have a second LH surge prior to your period. This is why you generally don't want to use ovulation sticks after you've ovulated because they can be confusing (ovulation sticks pick up a pregnancy as well.. so a +opk could mean you're either pregnant, about to ovulate or about to get your period)

Personally, I sometimes spot for a day or two before I get my full on period. The spotting is consistent, however if I'm obsessively checking it it could look like it has "stopped" simply because it's a lighter spot and I've wiped it all away before anymore has.. I don't know how to say this.. come down, I guess?

If I were you I'd just sit tight for a few days and see if your full period comes. If it doesn't, I'd take another test in a day or two. GL!

(Just for reference - I have a 13 day LP so I usually start spotting at 11dpo.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->