Need advice!!

lily52928

Reaction score
I signed up to this site in hopes that someone can help me or give me advice. The start of my last period was April 26th, 2017. It's now July 16th, 2017. If I don't get my period in the next 10 days, that will be my third missed period. This is very out of the ordinary for me as I usually have regular cycles. I saw a doctor about a month ago because I was wondering if I was pregnant (thought I could have concieved in early May) but had had a negative home pregnancy test. While at the Drs they had me take another urine test and it was also negative. She said there is no way I can be pregnant since the tests were negative and hCG would have showed up by that time. She told me to get in touch with her when I missed my third period. She said I have low progesterone and will need Provera to induce my period. However, I have been researching Provera and am concerned to take it because of all the side affects including birth defects in the first trimester. What if I am pregnant and hCG didn't show up in the test? I have read that this is the case for some women. Or what if I have conceived since I visited the Dr? I have been having some early pregnancy symptoms such as very sore breasts, back ache, very frequent urination, swollen feet, unexplained weight gain, etc. I am worried about taking Provera but also know that if I am not pregnant and just have low progesterone, then I need something to induce my period so that I don't have buildup which could lead to health problems. Any advice?? Thank you.

Last year when I was pregnant, my last period was March 13 2016. I tested April 24-26 2016 and got 3 negatives.
May 11 2016 I got a blood test, and thats when i got my positive.

Try getting a blood test.

You're welcome!
The only pregnancy symptom I had was a missed period, but I had started a new diet and exercise routine around the same time so I thought that's why my period was late. I didn't even think I was pregnant.
I was 6/7 weeks when I got my positive. Even try a digital HPT! Baby dust to you!

Thanks so much! I've felt so in the dark about all this so it's nice to know someone else could have gone through something similar.

May I ask how you were able to get a blood test? Along with your suggestion to get one, I've read that some women have needed this or even a sonogram to verify that they were pregnant. But my Dr is not willing to get me the papers or whatever it is I need to go get one because I have had negative urine tests so they say it's no use bothering to get a blood test. Silly because that's the whole reason that I want to get a blood test so i can be sure before taking Provera and harming a potential baby.

I went to my doctor and asked for a blood test. I said that since I was x-number of days late for my period, I'd like to know if there is anything else wrong with me that could delay my period.
My doctor is reeeeeally nice and understanding.

You can also go to a walk-in clinic. I went there years ago when I had a scare with an ex and I didn't want my doctor to know (my mom works at my doctor's office and didn't want her to see a fax of the results).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->