Need advice

cowboys angel

new mama & wife and ttc#2
Reaction score
So my SD will be 8 this November.

After reading the posts about puberty that you ladies are posting, I'm getting concerned she's gonna reach it soon.

I am certain she would come to me if she started growing hairs or anything, as she randomly comes up to me and said she 'hurts' down there....we had to have a chat about cleanliness in the shower and changing underwear EVERY DAY cuz she was getting a rash.

My issue is, I am also certain her mother won't have a puberty chat with her.

And I know her mom won't talk to me, so I can't ask if they have talked, or if she plans to, cuz she IS her mom and I definitely don't want to step on her toes...

But...anyway, my question is, should I talk to her (SD), wait and see if she actually reaches it before I talk to her, see if she asks me, what?

She knows how babies are made (walked in on her mom and asked me and her dad what sex was, and then why someone would do that). She knows how labor and delivery progresses...should I just bite the bullet and talk to her or what?

I understand not wanting to step on her mom's toes. And if the two of you don't communicate well maybe have your husband bring up the topic with her mom assuming they are on better terms. There must be a book you can get on this topic geared towards girls her age, maybe leave it out for her and just let her know that if she has any questions about things she can come to you?

Her mom won't talk to him either...she's crazy, long story short.

I think I'll just talk to her... I dunno

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"