Need baby girl name suggestions - please help :)

Pauls_angel

Reaction score
We are firmly on team yellow but can only agree on boys names. We have 4 boy names we like and would be happy with any of them but are REALLY stuck with girls names. We prefer traditional names and spellings - I LOVE the name Grace but DH really doesn't like it and there is nothing we agree on. I'd appreciate any suggestions :) thanks xx

Josephine
Victoria
Imogen
Phoebe
Georgina

Can think of loads but didn't want to bog your thread down xx

What are the boys names you both like? Traditional can mean lots of things to different ppl (from totally timeless names, to vintage chic, to literary...etc). Maybe the boys will give us an idea of your style? Also any names other than Grace that were discussed/rejected?

Our boys names are:

Harry James
James Campbell
Jack William
William Campbell

Like also love Hannah but DH isn't keen.

Here's a few girls names

Emily
Susannah
Jessica
Jennifer
Lucy
Sarah
Paige
Darcey
Maddison
Lacey
Poppy
Macy
Lola
Lilly

Some of these maybe aren't traditional though

What about using your mom or his mom or grandmothers name.
I have always loved the name Sarah and said I'd love Connor for a boy.
We are having boy/girl twins and at the moment have settled on Sarah Catherine (Catherine after my deceased mother) and Connor Noel (noël after his deceased mother-Noeleen). And before anyone says it DH has jokes constantly in his best Arnie voice "Sarah Connor, I'll be back" :)

You also need to think how it sounds with your surname. Try writing it down and see how it looks and sounds.

Other names we had narrowed down were
Eve
Aoife
Emily
Roisin
Lily
Holly
Ruth
Katie

Good luck.

Great names! (My brother is a James William, so maybe I'm a bit biased though).

Well there's always the total classics: Katherine, Elizabeth (and all permutations of those two), Claire, Charlotte, Anne, Alexandra, Margaret, Helena

Traditional short and sweet like Hannah/Grace: Molly, Leah, Clara, Lucy, Joanna, Tess/a, Isla, Fiona, Laura, Eloise, Emma, Olivia, Alice, Diana, Abigail/Abby, Erin, Sarah, Vera

Traditional a bit more fanciful/elaborate: Antonia, Josephine, Cecelia/Cecily, Amelia/Emilia, Emmaline, Camille/a, Lydia, Felicity, Portia, Beatrice, Daphne, Davina, Philippa, Genevieve, Frederica, Sabrina, Louisa, Virginia, Victoria, Gloria

Traditional short names with meanings (like Grace): Hope, Joy, April, Lily, Jade, May, Olive, Calla, Poppy, Daisy, Holly, Rose/a, Ruby, Faith, Wren, Flora

Sorry that list is a bit long ...and possibly a bit arbitrary!

Thanks Elorance :) I like the traditional short sweet list the best - closest to what we're looking for :)

Grace makes an excellent middle name... if you can get DH to like the first name maybe he'll come around to it there :p

He is refusing to use it at all - even for the middle name :( he just doesn't like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->