need baby name help!

aspiringmum

Reaction score
We are having a little girl and hubby and I are going round and round about her name. Here are the two front runners:

Hadley Luella
Gretchen Luella

Luella was my grandmother and Gretchen is a family name many generations deep. Hadley is not a family name, just one we both liked. Any opinions? (Please no "I knew a Gretchen and couldn't stand her" stories!)

I love love love the name Hadley!!! We have that name on our list as well if we have a girl!

I like both! I love the idea of a family name so for that reason i'd vote Gretchen x

I never thought of the name Hadley before but I really like it! Do love family names no… I'm no help!

I really wanted Hadley but to spell it Hadlee... but hubby nixed it.. so we chose Hannah... but I've already told him if we have a second girl her name will be Hadlee!!!!

Hadley is adorable ❤️

Love Hadley, was on my list! Couldn't use it because I promised to use my grandma as a middle name and I didn't think Hadley Mary went together (same ending sound).

I like Hadley, gretchen makes me think of a mean child I must of seen or read something with one in x

I vote Hadley - really pretty name but seems to suit all stages and walks of life (to me) :)

Sorry I didn't see the end but I don't know a gretchen I think it was just a strory book character x

I like the way middle names are family names and first names are new ...

I love the name Hadley. I actually know a hadleigh (spelt this way).. beautiful name

You know you could go for 2 middle names. Hadley Gretchen Luella. I don't know what your surname is but that flows to me!

I like both - sorry, I know that isn't helpful but I think either name is beautiful.

I think both are nice, I love the sound of Hadley. Makes me picture an outdoorsy and friendly girl.

DH is set on Hadley, so that's what it will be. Thanks so much, gals!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->