Need cheeing up - HSG date

Flapjack

Reaction score
Hey all,

AF got me yesterday so I called the hospital to arrange my HSG as the letter advised only to get a date that is three weeks away!
Which means we have to miss another month of trying, when I explained this to the lady on the phone, she said that there was nothing she could do - that was the earliest date available.
I know that this is just the way it goes, but sometimes I just feel so down about it all. I can't see this ever ending - the waiting, the trying again, the keeping positive...I know I should be glad, I've waiting for this appointment for four months, but oh, I'm so fed up with this TTC s**t!!

There, rant over, just needed to get it out so I didn't send my OH insane.
xx

:hugs:
That's a bummer but I guess it's good that you've got your HSG appointment :thumbup:. It's good to vent and I know it's disappointing to have to take a month out but I guess it's a month without TTC pressure so look at it that way - and you'll get some answers after your HCG?

GL with it and you never know, there are ladies who get their BFPs after HCGs so FXed for you :flower:.

Thanks, I do feel better about it and a month off might do me some good.

I guess I'm just far too impatient! I want someone to tell me RIGHT NOW why it isn't happening and how to fix it LOL but these things don't work that way, do they? Yep, looking at what I'm typing I think I'm getting far too stressed about all this, a month off might just be what I need, that and a shed full of chocolate. :)
xxx

Patience is a virtue that I don't possess either so don't worry! :hugs:
A month off and a shed load of chocolate sounds spot on :thumbup:.

Have you had any other tests to date fj?

I had the standard blood tests done by the GP before she referred me, they showed my progesterone level was borderline. That was in May!
Since then (and more months of trying) I got an appointment at the fertility unit and have had one appointment where they did a smear type thing and booked me in for a load more tests - more bloods, OH sperm and now the HSG... then I get the results from everything at my follow up appointment...in Feb!

There is just no speed to this stuff in the UK is there? When I got the initial letter telling me when my follow up appointment was I thought I'd deffo be preggers by then, but here I am! Oh well, chocolate worked a treat, so that's one thing :)

How about you? x

Hmm, yeah, these things do seem to take a long time and that's hard when you keep feeling that time is of the essence :hugs:.

I saw my GP a couple of weeks ago and didn't get any tests there but she did refer me to a Reproductive and Fertility clinic and I have an appointment next wednesday, which was sooner that I thought. Not sure what tests they'll do there and then...I got a fairly fast referral because I'm 40 and haven't been able to TTC for the last two and a half years for medical reasons (I had breast cancer and was on hormone treatment.) So I'm excited and apprehensive all at the same time :wacko:. I need to talk to my OH and convince him an SA is a good idea but it never seems the right time to talk about it! :shrug:

It seems a long wait until Feb to get your results and follow up...I guess you can keep trying until then and hopefully you'll get your BFP before feb. FXed for you! :dust:

sometimes I just feel so down about it all. I can't see this ever ending - the waiting, the trying again, the keeping positive...I know I should be glad, I've waiting for this appointment for four months, but oh, I'm so fed up with this TTC s**t!!

I'm confused. Did I write this post or you? :haha:

:hugs:
I don't have any words of wisdom, but I can tell you that you are definately not alone.

keekeesaurus - My sister's just recovering from breast cancer, :hugs: you need two sheds and a garage load of chocolate!
Good news on the fast appointment next Wednesday, I hope they move quick for you, I think these things just depend on where you live. From the waiting times I've got, I'm figuring I live in an infertile area! LOL
Let me know how you get on.

Readyformore - thanks for the :hugs: it's good to know I'm not alone. These forums are a life saver at times :hugs:
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"