Need help, confused...

Fayelg123

Reaction score
So sorry if I seem kind of clueless about this but thought I would ask some questions.

We started trying to conceive. I bought a ovulation predictor kit and have been testing twice a day. Now here is the confusion. With my daughter, the main way I conceived was following my cervical fluid. I always heard when the woman is most fertile that her CF is thick, clear, and stretchy. Anyways, the the ovulation kit said that my LH surge was yesterday but my CF was pretty dry. I have always been able to know when I am ovulating by checking my CF but the ovulation kit has confused me.

How accurate are ovulation kits? Can anyone share some light or personal experience with this? Thanks so much for any help!

hey hun i'm not an expert but didnt wanna read n run but heres what i know (or think i know) an ovultion kit measures your LH (leutanising hormone) (SP) which tells you you are about to ovulate not that you are ovulating....also if its a normal non digital one you have to wait till the second line is as strong or stronger than the control line....
lots of things can attribute to how much/little cm you have...dehydration how much :sex: you getting up to illness etc etc....i personally never get a truly positive ov test but i also temp and use a clear blue fertility monitor which reads the tests for you n basically tells you when to :sex:!!!! hope all that makes sense hun

sara

xxxxxxxxxxx

The bottom line is that the OPK is more reliable. As Saraendepity said, lots of things can affect CM, some people get no egg-white mucus at all (like you described). If you got a positive OPK yesterday, you will, or will have ovulated within 36 hours of getting it. Good Luck sweetie xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->