Need help. Find me a dress.

kmbabycrazy

Reaction score
It's my Grandma's 70th this weekend and the place we're going for a meal is really posh, and I have nothing to wear. I have put loads of weight on since having Lily, so nothing I have fits me and I can't find a dress that will fit me that I like, I don't want to spend too much either as I am losing weight so it will probably only be worn a couple of times. I'm size 16/18 and tall. Needs to hide my podgy belly too. I'm desperate. I've looked everywhere I can think of and can't find anything in my budget (£30) that I like that comes in my size xx

Have you tried new look? They go up to an 18 and a lot of thier dresses are under £30 plus they have quite a few that are elasticated under the boobs so will hide any belly. I'm half asleep right now but have a look on thier website.

https://m.newlook.com/mcs/publish/4923/76718?prodid=275253841&cat=cat10022&name=dresses

I found this one quickly. Can't resist looking at dresses!! The other colours are nice too but I think this is only one in an 18 in stock :-( still cute for £20 and should hide lumps and bumps.

I'm always saying it-but I love maxi dresses. Long, with the right cut should be very flattering. Go for one with a pattern.
Xx

See I think maxi dresses make larger ladies look even bigger, I'm a 16 myself and I think they're gross on me lol! I've no idea what's wold go for xx

I've got a maxi dress but don't wear it now I'm a big bigger than I used to be, but I've found on online I adore because it again stops under the boobs, then flows. I think as long as you know what fits your shape that's all that matters.

Maxi dresses look alright on me as I'm quite tall so don't really look as big as I am, only in the tummy. Maxi skirts/dresses actually make me look a little slimmer as long as they're not really fitted. But OH has been lovely and let me buy some tummy control underwear as well anyway as we've got a few more occasions coming up that I'd forgotten about. And I got this lovely dress (£36 my student discount) in black.

https://www.asos.com//Asos/Asos-Maxi-Dress-With-Circle-Skirt/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2946729

Now I just have to hope the tummy control works

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->