Need help. Food for 2 year old

maisie78

Mum
Reaction score
Bit of a complicated one. My 2 year old is blind and so not yet walking. This is seriously affecting her toilet and she seems to always be constipated lately. She can't have anything too high fibre as we tried wm bread a few weeks ago and it completely bound her up for a week :( She does eat best of both so getting some fibre that way. I try to keep her as hydrated as possible. She is also tactile defensive and won't eat 'wet' foods so we struggle to get fruit down her. I'm at a bit of a loss of what else to do. Anyone with any experience or advice please? Next stop is requesting a dietician referral.

How about a fibre rich soup? You could roast and then blend and serve with toast or buttered bread? I tend to make soup thick so it isn't 'wet' as such.

My lo has issues with constipation. He burst a blood vessel trying to go and they gave us a laxative medicine for when it happens. We try to provide the right diet to avoid it but it involves the things you have said your lo wont eat. I know juice isnt ideal for lo but would your lo drink orange juice? You could even juice an orange and see if one of those a day would help?

How about a fibre rich soup? You could roast and then blend and serve with toast or buttered bread? I tend to make soup thick so it isn't 'wet' as such.

What would you put in this? I can get her to eat soup if I feed it to her x

My lo has issues with constipation. He burst a blood vessel trying to go and they gave us a laxative medicine for when it happens. We try to provide the right diet to avoid it but it involves the things you have said your lo wont eat. I know juice isnt ideal for lo but would your lo drink orange juice? You could even juice an orange and see if one of those a day would help?

I used to be able to get her to eat dried figs and dates which helped but she won't eat those now. She also doesn't like fruit juice :(

Have I mentioned she also the most stubborn little girl I have ever come across... and I used to be a nanny so I've met a few ;)

Could you bake some fruits into fruit and veggie muffins Or fruit breads? You could also try some fruits in meals? Maybe an apple and pork casserole, or I put apricots etc into moroccan stews or curries.

My DD also loves Goodies snacks - they do apple and date bars, or she likes fig rolls and the kiddylicious fruit crisps, which are basically dried apple, banana etc, so less "wet"?

I don't have any personal experience but a friend at work said she gets fig syrup for her daughter, I guess that could maybe be hidden in other food?

What would you put in this? I can get her to eat soup if I feed it to her x

Here are a few I make:

Roasted veg (squash, sweet potato, carrots, onion, peppers and tomato roasted with olive oil, a little black pepper and some oregano) which I blend once cooked. You can literally add anything you like and could include lentils, chickpeas or beans for protein

Steamed broccoli, kale and spinach blended with a mature cheddar (you could use any cheese) and a little black pepper

I freeze portions of soup and just defrost when needed. It doubles up as a great pasta sauce - add ham, cheese, sweetcorn or whatever if you like. My LO loves it with garlic bread, crusty bread or bread and butter.

Maybe put fruit between something so its not wet feeling? My neice is like this and eats crackers with almond butter and sliced apple between.

How about prunes (very good for constipation) or prune juice? Prunes could be minced up into a cake, tart or muffin. Kiwi fruit or kiwi juice are also really good for easing constipation if you can figure out how to get it into her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->