need help n support

farahrita81

Reaction score
hi,
i went for my 12 weeks scan, and i was told that the fluid was high 7.5. i went had the test done for downs and it came back 1 in 75 and the consultant said thats very good, i have to go to st georges in tooting on the 14th feb, and they said they will do the fetal heart scan, as its routine.when my results came back the consultant also said that there not puttin me in high risk as my blood and hormones are very good. as my age is 29.
i and im hoping im ok to. we have decided to keep the babba as i have endrometrosis and its taken me 5years to get pregnant, im 13 weeks now ive had no morning sickness i felt a bit tired up to week 8.

iM getting annoyed cuz my mum is saying its selfish to have the babba if its disabled :( help

It's not selfish to have the baby. I'm not sure if you are religious at all,but I do believe that every life is planned and has a purpose. Your baby no matter what, has a purpose.

Did they offer you an amnio or CVS? 1 in 75 is still very good chances that baby does not have downs, but definitely much higher than what it is for the average 29 year old which is about 1 in 1100 or so.

High fluid behind the neck can also indicate Turner's Syndrome if it is a girl baby or heart problems as they are obviously trying to rule out.

I'm sorry that your mom is not being too supportive, but she is probably worried about you and the baby. Every mother wants for their child to have a perfect life, and she's probably thinking this will cause you grief. The truth is, we all face grief in life and no matter what, good will come from your child.

I'm not sure if you have ever read this lady's blog, but I'll link it. Be sure to read her birth story first. She shares her true feelings about discovering at birth that her baby has Downs Syndrome, but her baby has touched thousands of lives and is very loved.

https://www.kellehampton.com/

Good Luck. I hope your OH is supporting you through all of this. It's so very difficult.

Good thoughts and love hun.

I know its hard to think like this but 1/75 is well in your favour for everything being ok.

I dont understand who it would be selfish on hun?

If your baby does have downs syndrome, you will cope and the people who are putting you down now will come around and if they dont screw them tbh. A baby with downs syndrome is not the end of the world. They are still amazing beautifull little things with so much that they can give the world.

This is the same blog as the lady above posted but its the birth story section

https://www.kellehampton.com/2010/01/nella-cordelia-birth-story.html

Ive read it a few times and it always makes me cry but it really is a beautiful birth story. Its very up and down but the love in it is amazing. If your baby does have DS or any other disabilities you could print that for your mum to read to how much love a special baby deserves

Its not selfish,id rather my baby not have downs as i know it can be hard for them and they die younger :cry: but our baby would be loved even if it came out 1/1 it will have downs id di my reasearch and make sure that our baby had the support and was loved all the same xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->