need help on solids

jenny873

Reaction score
i know Lilly is too young for solids but shes taking 2 sometimes even going onto the 3rd 5oz bottle atleast once in the day and always before bed so shes taking atleast 10oz maybe more! but then shes being sick as if its too much for her tummy but shes hungry for it so last night we tried her on the hungrier baby sma milk and she still took 10oz but after it she screamed for a while as if she had tummy pains and she had a really thick sick, she wa only sick once which is good as shes sick alot when she stuffs herself with the sma gold! i just dont know what to do with her i know shes too young for solids but shes sick all the time because the quantity of milk shes taking in, but if shes crying for more what am i to do lol! any suggestions! x

I know this isnt what the doctors say etc..but my leigha was the same..i put a scoop full of baby rice into her bottle at nights to fill her up as she was always hungry and this worked a treat. She was only 2 n halfmonths when i did this.

Sure shes not just a sicky baby hun & some wind?

Caitlins still a sicky baby - I was starting to wonder should she be almost after every feed and she takes anywhere from 4 to 7/8oz on each bottle then sleeps through.

Tummy pains may suggest wind or contipation thats all ...holding her legs up or rolling ablanket under her legs helps them

x

I've started Colton on baby rice cereal. He normally eats about a 5oz bottle before bed, but then wakes up and will only eat 1/1.5 ounces during the night. So I tried the cereal. He loves it. Doesn't quite sleep through still though, but I'm not going to rush him. He eats the cereal with a baby spoon... and yes! He does eat it off the spoon.. and LOVES it! I just take a little bowl with some cereal and mix in some formula, feed him a little, then give him his bottle to fill him up.
It's not going to hurt them to go against what the doctors sometimes "suggest".. I told my doctor I had him on juice already and she didn't seem to care. Then at my last appointment they asked ME if I had started him on baby cereal yet. My cousins were eating purees before they were even my sons age!

Anyways, hope you find something that helps. I know its really hard watching your LO get sick. Colton's had two colds and with this last one has puked out almost every other bottle. It's hard watching him because he will gag on it and then cries so much afterwards. I feel so bad for him.

Maybe she is just having a growth spurt hun? x

did you try switching formula?

possibly other brand her tummy will take better?

I had Ebonii on baby rice early too alongside her sma gold as I felt she needed it and we've never looked back :happydance: she is on 3 meals a day now and loves it sleeps from 8pm- well it varies but 2day she aint up yet :D norm anytime from 9-10am :happydance:

or like others said could be wind or maybe another type of formula ?? Ebonii is a sicky baby 2 but since going on food she isnt so much which is an added bonus lol

i know Lilly is too young for solids but shes taking 2 sometimes even going onto the 3rd 5oz bottle atleast once in the day and always before bed so shes taking atleast 10oz maybe more! but then shes being sick as if its too much for her tummy but shes hungry for it so last night we tried her on the hungrier baby sma milk and she still took 10oz but after it she screamed for a while as if she had tummy pains and she had a really thick sick, she wa only sick once which is good as shes sick alot when she stuffs herself with the sma gold! i just dont know what to do with her i know shes too young for solids but shes sick all the time because the quantity of milk shes taking in, but if shes crying for more what am i to do lol! any suggestions! x

I'm guessing shes being sick as shes ate too much :D I would persist with the sma white and try giving her more frequent feeds in the daytime so that she doesnt crave so much at night. It is probably a growth spurt and I would just go with it but I would introduce an extra feed or two during the day so that she doesnt cluster it all in the evening.

I would steer clear from the solids at this age too, I wouldnt wean till the recommended age of close to 5- 6 months and certainly not before 17 weeks at the very least.

Oh yeah.. I dont know if they sell Nuby products over there, but this is what we have for colton.
His cereal gets fed out of a spoon, and yesterday I tied him on some banana puree out of the little bottle in this kit. Its really neat, pushes the food up as they eat.
https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41EQ0mopPAL._SL160_.jpg
It might be worth trying if you dont want to use a spoon yet.

Oh, just as a note... I think feeding them the puree through the bottle is more to fill them up, as like you said.. she is overeatting and making herself sick. Its not so much for the texture to continue weaning them. When colton is ready to wean I will give him the stage 1 purees (what he is getting in the bottle now) on a spoon.. then move to stage 2, stage 3, then real food.

Also, I didn't mention.. but that kit comes wiht a two ounces bottle, and a four ounce bottle. There is a nipple on one and teet (I think thats what it's called) on the other, they are the same size so you can use them on either bottle (and the teet is soft for first transitioning them to cups.. I will use that later on, not now), plus it has a spoon that attaches to the lids of the bottles (like the nipples) so you just put the food in the bottle and hold it up and it comes out onto the spoon.. if that makes sense. lol. hope so, it's really kind of neat.

just noticed about the sma white I was going to put Lo on that but after saying to MW they told me not to as it can cause liver and kidney damage later on ?? if it was that bad they wouldnt sell it tho ??

sma white gives baby a false sense of fullness and can make them sick my ds2 was a really sicky baby on it

:hugs: hpoe you get sorted out soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"