need help picking a name

kirstyloo82

Reaction score
hello all. i am nearly 29 weeks pregnant and dont know what sex im having. me and hubby are having problems agreeing on a name for a girl. i prefer something a little bit unusual (not crazy though!) and he is more traditional. with our son, we had the same problem. my husband wanted stanley, which i loved as it was my grandads name, but didnt think it suited a baby so much, but didnt have an alternative. anyway i had a horrendous labour and after the baby was sorted out he went straight to his dad. he looked at me with a bundle of blankets in his arms and said he doesnt look like a stanley, hes a deacon! (it was the first name that came to his head out of the name book!) he got the james as middle name after hubbys grandad and i think it sounds lovely and really suits him. if this baby is a boy i think he will be Ostyn William (not sure what he will be if he doesnt look like an Ostyn!). but we are absoultely stuck if its a girl. i like pretty girly names like lily, eva, mia, but we have these in the family already. i like willow, but hubby doesnt. help - i really think that this is turning my hair grey!

What about Daisy, Mollie, Caitlin, Evie......any of those sound any good?
xx

I like Billie for a girl - I'm stuck for boy names!

We have only one name for a girl and we have chosen Eleanor x

What about Daisy, Mollie, Caitlin, Evie......any of those sound any good?
xx

i really like all of those but we have rels and close friends with those names so dont feel like picking them for that reason!

i love billie, although know someone whos daughter is billie and she is a little monster so that has put me off!

i really love violet but hubby is not so keen

thanks everyone for your suggestions, will have to keep reading the name book!

Violet is nice, Poppy, Tilly (i luuuuuurve) Ruby, Summer, Isabelle, Freya?

I wanted Bethany to be Summer!! I love the name, so pretty but OH refused!! xx

I can do unusual girl names :):

Rihanna, Lorna, Calista, Freya, Winter, Scarlet, Lexie, Kaia, Riven, Talia, Raine

Our daughter is called Anais (pronounced An-ay) which i absolutely love and the girls names we had this time before finding out it was a boy were Laney, Brooke or Talia.
I love unusual names for girls but traditional names for boys so ive always had fun coming up with loads of girls names!
Good luck hun xx

I wanted to call Chloe Isla. I think its so pretty but Mark hates it.

Chloe was going to be Molly but it didnt suit her. The 3rd name on the short list was Lauren. A boy woulf've been Finley and if #2 is a boy it will be Leo

We'd pretty much agreed on the name Tallulah for a girl (which can either be shortened as Tully if she's a bit of a tom-boy and lulu if she's a girly girl) its a Celtic name meaning princess... I found it searching names by meanings online, I wanted a princess!

Funny that we're calling him William now that we know he's a boy... William being a prince and all... makes sense really!

How about Neve or the irish spelling Niamh?? Or Keelin? something a bit different but not too crazy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->