Need help! TTC/NTNP with chronic BV

WantingABubba

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So we're TTC/NTNP, but I get BV (Bacterial Vaginosis - https://www.cdc.gov/std/bv/stdfact-bacterial-vaginosis.htm) every single time he ejaculates in me :cry::cry: I then get it cleared up, then when he ejaculates into me again, the BV comes straight back. I used to be able to clear it up with natural yoghurt, but that doesn't seem to work anymore, so I have to take these horrible pills that make me feel sick, which means going to the doctors or clinic. Long :growlmad:

It's extremely frustrating, and I find myself asking him not to ejaculate into me so I don't get BV, but how am I supposed to get pregnant then?! Previous cycles, we'd have sex without him ejaculating into me when I wasn't in my fertile period, and when I was, we'd have baby-making sex, but now he's said he wants us to stop actively trying. So we're just going to have sex whenever, but if him ejaculating into me gives me BV, I'm going to have to suffer with it for the whole month! And it's horrible, truly horrible.

I spoke to my doctor about it, and he was really dismissive. Didn't help me AT ALL. OH is understanding of the BV situation, and doesn't make me feel bad for the smell, seeing as he knows I DON'T smell when I don't have it, but it still makes me feel icky. Not only that, but it seems to change my cervical fluid so I never seem to get EWCM. And I don't think the PH change from the BV makes my vagina a good place for sperm.

There's minimal help online, and most people don't really understand it - even medical professionals. I did once find that putting a tampon soaked in natural yogurt in my vagina straight after sex helped, but is that even good for sperm? It's a bit inconvenient too.

Sigh.

Anyone else have this problem? I am getting desperate. Please help me :(

Thanks ladies xxx

im sorry your going thru this i wish i could help but i dont have much knowledge on BV. wish i could help sorry. good luck

I used to suffer alot from bv and it turned out it was because i was being to clean!! can u believe that from over washing i was getting smelly!! apparently i was washing away all the good bacteria which was causing bv, i used to douche with the shower sorry if tmi and thats really bad, but i stopped doing it and i haven't suffered since. hope this help's i know how horrible it can be xxx

I used to suffer alot from bv and it turned out it was because i was being to clean!! can u believe that from over washing i was getting smelly!! apparently i was washing away all the good bacteria which was causing bv, i used to douche with the shower sorry if tmi and thats really bad, but i stopped doing it and i haven't suffered since. hope this help's i know how horrible it can be xxx

Oh, I know this. Thing is, I don't wash 'down there' with soap or anything. I only get BV from sperm - so every time we have sex and he ejaculates in me, I get BV :( thanks though, hon :hugs:

Hi wanting, just came Across this and wondered if you had any luck finding a solution? I have a similar issue too. Not always but I find a slight odour after dh ejaculates in me. People have said probiotics can help.

Also just clicked on your latest posts and noticed things aren't looking too great for you right now, really sorry and hope things work out.

Hi hun i have had bv come and go for few months now due to my husband ejaculating inside and i couldnt take tablets so i bought balance activ 7 tubes of gel that you insert one a day for a week and it went after two days for me and it hasnt come back

https://www.sunshinehealthshop.co.u...alance_Active_With_FREE_POSTAGE-2711-178.html

Look around they sell it on ebay in boots and superdrug brilliant stuff hunni x

Perhaps OH needs to get a swab done...if you are both treated maybe this will help

Good luck I hope you can beat this :)

Hey I think this is an old post but I'm dealing w the same problem and it ducks. I get bv after sex and my period! Ive tried prim dophillus peroxide and golden seal nothing has cured it! I'm ttcing right now but I feel its pointless cause my ph balance is not good for sperm! I'm getting depressed about the whole thing did u find anything that helped! Trust me I feel ur pain!

Yeah, balance activ worked for me too. You can get it on prescription which will prob be cheaper.
A box of 7 is around a tenner but I get 6 boxes on prescription for less!
Use it straight after sex and then when you need it to regulate your PH.
I've been a long term sufferer of BV. Since about 14 and it's been a massive hindrance in life.
It's only been recently now I'm nearly 30 that I am in control of it and not the other way round.
Good luck x

Omg! Same issue! I continuesly read the same info over and over again expecting and hoping for new answers! So happy to know I'm not alone! Actively TTC for 11 months and counting. Obviously no luck. :/ but sorry ladies for the icky info~ I was put on amoxicillin after previously failed treatments of both the metro gel and the tablets. I FINALLY for the first time in months had EWCM but I'm still not sure if it was due to the antibiotics or a miraculous potential ovulation?? Waiting to see if I get the results I've been waiting for and I deff hope to hear some success stories. Stay strong, ladies. Everything always works out in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->