Need help understanding contractions

jen435

our miracle is on the way
Reaction score
I have been having tightening for While now about two weeks. bh since no pain just my stomach feeling as hard as a rock and tightening feeling in front. Last two days ive been having this tightening accompanied with pms type cramping pains. This tighteness makes baby bulge out slightly and my stomach is not really going back to being soft it seems like it stays hard for alot longer a few minutes id say. how do I know if what im feeling is real and what isnt and how exactly can I time them? I know everyone is different but any advise help would be appreciated as my dh isnt understanding why its hard for me to get

Sounds like Braxton Hicks. Your body is getting ready for labor.

Braxton Hicks feels like the stomach is tightening and relaxing, but when I was actually in labor it felt more like period type cramps.

If the period type cramps aren't going away and are coming and going on a regular basis then pay attention and start timing them. Wait for them to be 3-5 minutes apart for 1 minute before you call the hospital.

Hope this helps!

Thank you! So those period cramps im having could be the start? Ill keep track of them. Hospital is an hour away from my house so im trying to wrap my head around this all to know what to do. It just seems like baby moves with tightening and it feels like a band but at same time sometimes pain sometimes none. So confusing.

Ok Hun, here's my input. Contractions are contractions. Not so much "real " and " fake " ones. Irregular contractions are common, ( they are real its not that youre imagining them) and it's your body getting ready for the big event. When these increase in frequency, length, and duration, that's when you will be going into labor. Sounds like your body is gearing up, but only time will tell if they get to be in a pattern and frequent. That is how you'll know it's time. Hmm not sure if this is coming out how I meant to explain it, hope this makes some sense!

I wouldn't go by pain. Some women have no pain with early actual labor contractions, and some women have pain with irregular non labor contractions. I would go more by progression. They should progressively get more frequent and more intense. You asked about timing. Write down the time one starts, then write down the length. Then write down the time the next one starts. Frequency is from the beginning of one to the beginning of the next. Duration is how long they last ( for example 40 sec, 60 sec) frequency and duration are two major things that they will ask when you call and tell them what you are experiencing. Hope this helps some....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->