Need help, what do I do???

Alexas Mommy

Reaction score
Alexa has a fever (not quite sure what her temp is, because my thermometer is not working at the mo), but for the past few days she has been getting sick in the evenings, and again this morning at 1 am. I noticed she was a bit flushed yesterday, but noticed her fever last night, and even now she is sweating along with her fever. I am just wondering, should a make a doctors appointment right away, or is it okay to wait another five hours, when OH gets home with the car to take her. I know this sounds like a stupid question, it is just that she has not really had a fever before (besides a small one when teething). A few months ago when I took her to the doctor when she was sick, the doctor that was on duty said, yeah she probably has a flu bug, but there is nothing we can do except wait it out. Is that all the doctor will say this time, or is it more important to bring her in, because of her fever? (I just don't want to wake her up early if it can wait a few hours, if the doctor is just going to send us home with nothing but don't want to wait if it's extremely important. Sorry if I don't make much sence, I should still be sleeping :blush:
Thanks!

I would get her seen by the doctor as soon as u can hunny. Best to play safe even if it ends up a wasted journey at least your mind will be put at rest. Hope she feels better soon xx

:hugs: Agree. Hope she feels better soon

I'd take her to get checked out to be on the safe side. I hope she feels better soon. xx

Take her to see a doctor hon! Hope she feels better soon! :hugs:

Did you get her checked out hun? definately need a working thermometer! Lloyds chemist do nurofen ones for kids for a few quid and they are good imo :D

Hope lil miss is better soon x

DOH just realised your not UK - ignore the lloyds chemist :lol:

Take her to the doc... There are things you can give for fevers... infant tempra, tylenol etc... Speak to a doc about which one is suitable for her.

Thanks everyone! :) I did take her, and turns out her temp was only 100, which is a fever, but not as bad as I thought it was, so it is all good. Doctor said wait it out a couple of days, make sure she gets her liquids, but if nothing changes, or if it gets worse bring her back. I definitely need to get back to the store and get a thermometer lol.... As for giving her any meds, well the doctor says they don't "fix" the problem, they just give temporary relief, and not to bother with them, which is the same thing I got told last time lol So I guess we will see how she is in a few days-Thanks for all your responses :hugs:

I dont want to go against what your doctor said, but I would recommend giving tylenol to break the fever. If Erica feels feverish, I give her a dose of tylenol before worrying too much and taking her to the doc, and almost all the time it goes away. She had one earlier this week, and I was starting to worry. I gave her tylenol, the fever went, and 2 teeth broke her gums. Sorry your little girl isn't feeling well, its so hard when we cant really do much for them. :(

I dont want to go against what your doctor said, but I would recommend giving tylenol to break the fever. If Erica feels feverish, I give her a dose of tylenol before worrying too much and taking her to the doc, and almost all the time it goes away. She had one earlier this week, and I was starting to worry. I gave her tylenol, the fever went, and 2 teeth broke her gums. Sorry your little girl isn't feeling well, its so hard when we cant really do much for them. :(
Thanks! :) I decided to get my butt out and get a thermometer, and get some fresh air for alexa, and when I took her temp, it was back in normal range :) That was quick!! :saywhat: anyway, she still looks a bit flushed, so I will take her temp a few more times before bedtime to keep an eye on it, but for now, her temperature is fine :) I will likely make an appointment with our doctor on monday if she is still not up to par ( I only saw a duty doctor today) I will ask him what is okay to give her when she is sick, that way I will be clear for next time! thanks! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->