Need help with a new mom survey - Done thank you! :)

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
Thank you all! I ended up getting like 6 moms, and she has a wonderful range of experience fat will make her journal the top of the class. Thank you!

Hi everyone!

My friend is in desperate need of help. She needs to survey new moms (babies under 18m) for class, but she doesn't know anybody. I'm going to post here and in one parenting area. There are quite a few questions so single sentence answers are perfectly a-ok. If you don't want to put it all out there, you can pm me the answers. I totally understand that labor, birth, and afterwards is exhausting enough but having that experience fresh in your minds would truly help her out. Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Survey Says...

Kk here is the survey. She needs it back by Sunday night. If anybody is up to it and had a baby less than 18m, we would love you forever. There are a lot of questions, so don't feel like you have to write an essay.

Mom's First Name:
First name and age of youngest child (must be under 18m):
Ages of other children in the family:

Questions (regarding pregnancy of youngest child)

Prenatal
1. How did you learn you were pregnant?
2. Did you receive prenatal care during pregnancy? When did it begin?
3. What did you do to take care of yourself during pregnancy?
4. What was your experience like being pregnant? (Favorite, least favorite parts?)
5. How did you learn about what to expect in labor?

Labor and Delivery
6. How did you know labor had begun?
7. Where did the birth take place?
8. Who was present during labor? Who was present during the delivery?
9. Did you give birth vaginally or by cesarean section?
10. Were drugs administered during labor? During delivery? Who made the decision?
11. Was the delivery considered normal or were there complications? (Please describe complications if any.)
12. What care and attention did you receive during labor and after delivery?
13. When was the first time you were able to hold or touch your baby?
14. How would you describe how you felt during labor? During delivery? After birth?
15. Did the birth go as you expected?
16. In what ways do you wish it went differently?
17. How long did you stay in the hospital?

Caring for a Newborn
18. Were there concerns about your child’s health and development that were brought up by medical professionals? Were you concerned about anything?
19. What was your favorite part about the first few days home?
20. What was your least favorite part about those days?
21. Do you feel like you bonded with your baby quickly?
22. Did you feel supported by others? Was it the right amount of support, too little, or too much?
23. What do you wish was different about those first few days at home?
24. What advice would you give new moms?
25. Are there any concerns about your child’s development now? Who has the concerns? How are they being addressed?

The End- Thank you for your time!
=======================================================================

This is just for a weekly journal assignment type thing. It is not being sold or published or part of some extensive research thing. :)

Hi everyone!

My friend is in desperate need of help. She needs to survey new moms (babies under 18m) for class, but she doesn't know anybody. I'm going to post here and in Third tri. There are quite a few questions so single sentence answers are perfectly a-ok. If you don't want to put it all out there, you can pm me the answers. I totally understand that labor, birth, and afterwards is exhausting enough but having that experience fresh in your minds would truly help her out. Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Survey Says...

Kk here is the survey. She needs it back by Sunday night. If anybody is up to it and had a baby less than 18m, we would love you forever. There are a lot of questions, so don't feel like you have to write an essay.

Mom's First Name:
First name and age of youngest child (must be under 18m):
Ages of other children in the family:

Questions (regarding pregnancy of youngest child)

Prenatal
4. What was your experience like being pregnant? (Favorite, least favorite parts?)

Labor and Delivery
10. Were drugs administered during labor? During delivery? Who made the decision?
11. Was the delivery considered normal or were there complications? (Please describe complications if any.)
14. How would you describe how you felt during labor? During delivery? After birth?

Caring for a Newborn
18. Were there concerns about your child’s health and development that were brought up by medical professionals? Were you concerned about anything?
22. Did you feel supported by others? Was it the right amount of support, too little, or too much?
25. Are there any concerns about your child’s development now? Who has the concerns? How are they being addressed?

The End- Thank you for your time!
=======================================================================

This is not going to be sold or published or anything. It's just part of some journal reflection thing for her intro psych class.

Prenatal
We were actively trying to get pregnant so I was testing all the time!
Yes by my dr. About week 11 I saw her for the first time.
I ate well and made sure to get enough rest. Prenatal vitamins As well.
I had the best pregnancy ever. Loved every second. I disliked The mild heartburn and the feeling of my ribs expanding (big baby,little body!) also the lightning crotch sucked. But I loved being pregnant.
Through these forums mostly.

Labor and Delivery
I was in labor for a day before it got super intense. I texted my friend and she said that was Labor! I thought I just had to poop and it hurt Ahah. Serious labor was when I couldn't even bare it anymore.
Hospital
My husband.
Vaginally
During labor I had a morphine/gravol shot and then fentanyl. He was coming quicker than I was dilating so they needed to give me something to slow it all down. I didn't mind, the back labor was horrible.
Normal! His heart rate was going up and down so they performed an episiotomy, but totally normal and no problem with the baby.
The nurse was amazing and always checked up on me. Afterwards I had nurses and lactation consultatant if I needed at the push of a button and who came in periodically.
Immediately after birth.
I was in pain and drugged up during labor but it was good aha.I pushed him out in record time and it was mostly pressure I felt. I felt in too of the world after giving birth.
Yeah mostly. I wish I had been more 'there'and enjoying it. But the pain did suck, so I have no regrets.
Maybe take more pictures or video so I could relive it.
I had him Thursday night and I was out Saturday by noon.

Caring for a Newborn
Nothing at all.
Watching my husband bond with him.
The purple crying.
Yes. But I also felt like someone was going to come take him and it would be over. Like it wasn't permanent.
Perfect support.
That I didn't have to go to school. But we planned it that way and it wasn't the worst.
The purple crying sucks, but it ends!
No concerns.

Thank you so much for your time and experience! As it turns out she just needs one so thank you!!!!

Prenatal
I found out the day my period was due. Boobs were sore when usually they weren't.
Yes, my prenatal care started at around 4 weeks, when I'd chosen my children's centre to see the midwives throughout my pregnancy.
I did take care of myself to an extent, I tried to eat more healthily as before being pregnant I was a sugar addict (and still am!)
My experience being pregnant was positive. I had no medical issues until about 40 weeks when the midwife suspected I had pre eclampsia but it was negative. My favourite part was feeling the kicks, least favourite was the heartburn. It was horrific!
I did a Childcare course in school so knew a lot from that. But me and my partner also went to a labour & delivery class at my local hospital (not the one I delivered at)

Labor and Delivery
I knew labour had started when my contractions had gotten slowly more regular and painful in the early hours of delivery day.
In hospital
Only my partner was present for the whole thing.
Vaginal birth in water.
I was given antibiotics as I had Group B Strep.
11. Was the delivery considered normal or were there complications? (Please
describe complications if any.)
Completely normal.
I had to have stitches after birth so that was my only thing.
As soon as she was born & I had to lift her out of the water myself.
During labour - horrible. During delivery - painful, but I think the water helped. After birth - sore and achy with lots of pressure, as I had stitches to deal with too.
Yes, as I knew I had to have antibiotics in advance and got the water birth I wanted.
I wouldn't change any of it
One day

Caring for a Newborn
None at all
I could sleep properly on my belly! Especially as baby was new all she did was sleep, it was definitely a false sense of security!
Trying to breast feed as the health visitors and midwives were quite pushy. I tried for two weeks but in the end switched to formula as it was stressing us both.
Yes
I felt very much supported.
For family not to all rush in at once!
Don't let anybody push you into anything, whether that be keeping up breast feeding when you don't want to or feel that formula would be easier for you. Nobody is judging your decision, do what feels best for you & baby.
No concerns whatsoever
Hope that helps! 😊

Moved to the relevant forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh