Need help with cloth diapering

Genna

Reaction score
I'm about to switch over to cloth, always said I would after Marley hit 6 months. Recently he's developed a rash that's just been spreading and the only thing that has cleared it up is using cloth wipes and putting a cloth liner in a disposable diaper :rofl: Have to make do with what I have for now, but his rash is definietly from the disposable diapers..poor baby has sensitive skin just like his momma :dohh:

So what brand of nappies do you all find to be best? I don't mind if it is all in one or if I have to piece it together :)

Thanks in advance! :hugs:

I've just started out too. We're using flips (there's a thread for a link to BOGOF) and loving them! Also bought a happy heiny, and really liked that too. It's verry soft.

Bumgenius are great, a lot of people like happy heinys ( not for me though ) blueberrys are nice as are nappies by minki. I'm not sure whats available where you live though hun x

I have bambino mios, as they were fairly cheap - £190 for the from
birth to potty set -and they work great for Alex during the day, but are rubbish at night so we are still in sposies at night. Also heard they leak for a lot of people, Alex is very long with a petite body frame (like her dad lol) and they don't leak on her, so don't know if they would for a baby with a larger frame

it depends on your LO chick and if you prefer low rise (nappies that come below the belly button)
i use itti bitti d'lish, these are a slim fit nappy and are all in ones or all in twos (snap ins) so i dont need to get waterproof outers or boost them, and their super cute :D
you might want to have a look on clothnappytree.com and have a read up on them, they also have a market place so you can buy one of a certain type to try rather than spending loads on one type of nappy you wont use x

I totally recomend BumGenius ones to start out on cos they're pretty easy and just getting like one of each and trying them out?

welcome to the crazy world of cloth nappying!! :happydance:

you can buy preloved nappies - see cloth swap and sell thread at top of this forum section. clothnappytree has a good classifieds section too.

don't be discouraged if the type you choose doesn't work for you, each baby is a different size and shaped and there will be some out there that will work (i brought used before investing in new) I love bumgenius organics, and i've just brought some flips to try, but i have about 8 different types of nappy that i use in rotation including cheap ebay pockets as well.

WARNING: you can get hooked!!

I'd buy lots of different types. That way, you can have some cheapies for under clothes and balance that out with some of the gorgeous (but more expensive) fluffy ones!

I'd say get some preloved ones (clothnappytree etc or some US site) and see what you like. At the moment I love my tots bots bamboozle fitted nappies with a motherease or natur babies wrap over them, but as my LO gets more wriggly I'm considering buying some All in ones (AIOs)! I'm sure you're going to love being a cloth bum mum!

Something I discovered when buying a variety of brands is that not all of the one-size diapers are really going to last us from birth to potty since Emma is a chunky baby. Out of Fuzzi Bunz, Happy Heinys and Bum Genius diapers, the Happy Heinys seem to be the biggest one sized diapers so I'm trying to buy more of them than the others. Have fun trying out different varieties of diapers- it really is addictive :) Emma has sensitive skin and has a hard time with disposables causing rashes too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->