Need help with meal ideas for soon to be one year old!

Fallacy

Soon to be mum of 2!
Reaction score
So as it is right now, I'm very nervous. He has about 16-20 oz of formula a day, plus three meals. Breakfast is generally no problem. He'll eat anything from oatmeal to waffles, yogurt, etc. For lunch and dinner he'll have either hot dogs, whatever we're eating, grilled cheese, and some pureed veg or fresh fruit.

But he won't eat almost anything else! He hates eggs (scrambled, omelette, boiled, etc), mashed potatoes, ALL pasta (mac and cheese and such), rice, etc. So what should I feed him? I know he's supposed to be transitioning to a less liquid diet so if all he'll eat is a few breakfast foods and grilled cheese/hot dogs, I'm nervous! :dohh:

For things like pasta, he won't eat it plain, with tomato based sauces or cheese. I think it's the texture? He'll just spit it back out. Is it because he only has 4 teeth? I thought kids liked pasta!

Also, his schedule goes something like this:

Wakes at 6 am, has bottle.
Has breakfast at 8am; Today he ate a waffle with some fruit.
Has another bottle at 11 then naps until 12
Lunch is at 12; Today he had some of what DH and I were having - pizza. (A slice cut in small pieces)
Has another bottle at 3:30
Dinner is at 5

He's just started to drop the before bed bottle at 7. (He'll drink an ounce or two at most, then refuse it.) But this is causing him to wake during the night for a feed? And he's refusing his afternoon nap as well - he'll fight it with everything, but will sleep nicely once I can get him to settle. Not sure if I should?

Am I supposed to be cutting his milk intake? Do I give a snack in place of maybe the 11 or 3 pm bottle? Sorry! FTM and never been around children. So confusing!

My DD has just turnt one and atm this is her day

630 Breakfast
9/10Mid morning snack sometimes a bottle as well
12 lunch and nap
2 snack or bottle if not had it in the morning
430 dinner
7 bottle and bed

At 1 year I was old to only give her one bottle at bed and of she didn't have the morning bottle when she woke she would eat more during the day. She did eat more and continually was hungry so iv been given her a bottle around 10 or 2 depending on how she is. So perhaps drop some bottles gradually then he may want the bedtime bottle and then sleep through the night

As they get older they don't need much milk and their solid diet can increase. If he has a high dairy diet like mine does then limit milk even more. Milk fills them up a lot and so they may not eat much. Your lo is clearly too full come bedtime but then can't go on till morning without it. Trial and error as all babies are different

Have you tried potato wedges or sweet potato wedges? My LO goes nuts for them. Jacket potato? Noodles? Tagliatelle pasta or spaghetti? Tinned spaghetti or baked beans on toast? Could you try some of the baby pasta? Might avoid the texture issue.

A typical day for my LO is:
Weetabix or porridge for breakfast.
Lunch-spag bog, half an avocado, some berries and maybe a yogurt.
Dinner - a fishcake, steamed veg (broccoli, asparagus and carrots are faves), sweet potato wedges - tinned mandarins as pudding.

Have you tried cous cous or lentils or beans maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->