Need input on Freya's middle name.

sweetavenue

Reaction score
So, my husband and I have decided on the name Freya Odette. I love it, I like how it sounds, but there is no real reason for Odette- I don't particularly like the meaning (or lack thereof), I just think it flows nicely. Our last name is VERY common so I definitely wanted something a bit different. We are in the US and neither name is popular at all.

That said, both of our grandmothers were named Hattie. It would make our parents (especially my dying father) SO incredibly happy if we chose Freya Hattie as our daughters name. But neither of us like how it sounds. :( I like Hattie for a first name kind of, but not enough to change it from Freya.

What do you guys think? Should we suck it up and choose Hattie for a middle name?

To be honest I think Freya Hattie flows even better than Freya Odette. Besides, the special meaning is a pro :winkwink:

is Hattie not short for something?

like:

Fraya Harriet
Fraya Henrietta
Fraya Hartley
Fraya Hyacinth
Fraya Hataliah

I know what you're saying but I wouldn't change the name just to make others happy. I think Freya Odette is beautiful!

Honestly I don't think Freya Hattie works as well but if you were going with it I would agree with ^^ Freya Harriet or Freya Henrietta etc. sounds prettier.

or if it's not too much of a mouthful with your last name

Freya Odette Hattie/Freya Hattie Odette

Thanks all. Hattie isn't short for anything. Maybe Freya Odette Hattie would work.. I'll have to talk to my husband about it again. Thank you!

I second the idea of using both names if you want to use Hattie. Freya Odette just sounds so beautiful though - I remember you posting about it before and I thought of how perfect it sounded! Nothing wrong with using a name you like!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->