need more milk!!

_Lexi_

Mummy to 1 perfect angel and a 6yr old daughter
Reaction score
My oh bought be and my mum a spa day voucher before I knew I was pregnant. Didn't see the point of going when i was pregnant as I couldn't make use of massage/hit tub etc etc. Got to use it before Christmas. I used to pump regularly and would normally get 3-4oz per side. My mum had lo whilst I was a bridesmaid at an adults only wedding and used up a lot of the milk. I've got 15oz in the freezer. My oh will be having lo the day we go. Need to build up a supply of milk so he doesnt run out, and worry that we'll be in the middle of the 6 month growth spurt too. Started pumping again, and only getting 1-2oz combined. How can I make more milk? I know people say oats and fenugreek, but what do you do with them?! I heard raspberry leaf tea helps, is that right? I've got loads left from when I was pregnant and drinking it. Any other idea? I'd idelly like at least another 15oz in the freezer minimum. Lo is having breakfast, dinner and a pudding (on health visitor recommendations due to feeding every 2 hours), but she still feeds a lot. Obviously just no idea how much she gets! Now I'm starting to make her own meals, extra milk will be handy for mixing into her purees too. Give me all your tips and hints ladies!!x

Fenugreek ive heard helps, lactation cookies, mothers milk tea, oatmeal

fenugreek tea, oatmeal, flax seed, brewers yeast into any food you make. My production is good, i know because my baby sometimes chokes on how much milk he is getting :( but I can no longer pump what I used to. Once your milk regulates to what your baby needs, there's not much extra to get from pumping. you can make a routine of pumping frequently and at night to help but doing that wore me out lol.

For about 3 days try to pump after every other feeding for about 10 or 15 minutes and make sure you try to pump at least once between 1 and 4am. Try hot compresses and breast massage before pumping.

By doing this and drinking 5 cups of mother's milk tea a day, in 3 days I was pumping 16oz a day! Now I pump only twice a day but that supply has maintained.

Try this and if you don't want to keep a bigger supply just stop pumping again after your spa day!

Have fun with your mom!

Just eating oatmeal or drinking a single beer will give me such oversupply that I have to pump to relieve it, but I guess that's not the case for everyone. Might help, though.

I use the fenugreek with the blessed thistle and I get them in capsules so you just swallow and done. it's 2 each 3 times a day. and it increased my supplies by leaps and bounds

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->