Need opinions please!

LennaG

Reaction score
Here is what I need opinions on:
SO I had sex with my ex boyfriend every weekend in march. We broke up the end of March. On April 2nd or 3rd I went to a party and drank a lot and ending up sleeping with a guy. I don't remember if this was April 2nd or 3rd. Anyways, on April 7th I took both clear blue and first response pregnancy tests and they were positive. The next day I went to the clinic and took their urine test which was very faint, but positive. They wouldn't do and U/S for another few weeks. I went in for the U/S on May 3rd and they put me at 7weeks+2, making my Due date around Dec 18th and conception around March 27th (used an online calculator).

A month later I went to an actual doctor for my first OB appointment. They sent me for a dating scan the same day (approx 12+ weeks) at my dating scan on June 8th, they said I was measuring 13+1, putting my Due date forward at December 13th.

I've heard mixed things about earlier U/S being more accurate, some saying the 12 week one is more accurate than the 7 week. SO IDK.

What Im trying to figure out is if I got pregnant by my Ex or the 1 night stand on April 2nd or 3rd. And yes I KNOW there is no 100% way of knowing unless I get a DNA test, however that isn't possible in my case as both guys live in different states now and I have no contact with them.

My opinion is that it's not likely for the one-night-stand to be the dad. In particular relating to the day of your positive test and the conception calculator. A pregnancy test will show up positive close to your expected period day, which is going to be approximately 2 weeks after conception. Since your sex was 4-5 days before your positive, it was just too late. Even for a highly sensitive test and fast implantation.

I'd suggest talking to your ex and telling him he is more than likely the father, but that you are open to a paternity test in light of your circumstances. Looks like a blood test could be performed as baby's cells are detectable in your bloodstream from around the late first trimester.

EDIT: You could probably also see about finding out the sex at this time too. Heh.

My opinion is that it's not likely for the one-night-stand to be the dad. In particular relating to the day of your positive test and the conception calculator. A pregnancy test will show up positive close to your expected period day, which is going to be approximately 2 weeks after conception. Since your sex was 4-5 days before your positive, it was just too late. Even for a highly sensitive test and fast implantation.

I'd suggest talking to your ex and telling him he is more than likely the father, but that you are open to a paternity test in light of your circumstances. Looks like a blood test could be performed as baby's cells are detectable in your bloodstream from around the late first trimester.

EDIT: You could probably also see about finding out the sex at this time too. Heh.

Im 24+ weeks.

I found out the sex very early at 13 weeks, confirmed at 21 weeks that Im having a baby girl. My ex was emotionally and finically abusive and no longer in my life. Living at home with my parents, 19 years old, life is a mess and I hate it.

This whole thing just adds more stress. DNA testing not an option.

Also, which U/S date regarding conception would be more accurate? The first one at 7+2 that put my due date at Dec 18th or my dating scan at 12+ weeks that put my due date at Dec 13th? Also, do both match up with my ex or is it possible to be the one night stand?

Gratz on the baby girl!

I'm sorry this is happening to you. I hope you get the help you need.

Unfortunately it doesn't matter. Both dates line up with your ex being the father.

You may wish to find a lawyer to speak to for free (some will give advice free of charge) to see if you can get child support without giving him access to your life. But it's up to you if such would be too painful to go through. Just letting you know it's an option.

So even just based on the U/S dates, not looking at when I got the positive, is it still mostly 99% my exes?

Yes, that seems to be what your due date is saying. I'm sorry. :hugs:

Definitely your ex's. It takes 2 weeks after ovulation to be able to test and get a BFP. Congrats on your girl!

Its your ex's. You wouldn't get a positive test 4 days after sleeping with Mr one night stand.

Congrats on your girl!

Also when I went to the clinic on April 8th they took a urine sample and I think dipped a strip in it and they said it barely turned blue (positive). It was also my first or second urine of the day

EDIT: Also my period from February started on like the 12th or 13th....I don't remember when I got it in march, as my periods don't come very consistent every month sometimes a week earlier or later my guess is I started my period between March 9th-14th...Because I know I wasn't on my period on my birthday weekend which was March 18-19 and I wasn't on my period Easter week (March 24-27)

Its your ex's. You wouldn't get a positive test 4 days after sleeping with Mr one night stand.

Congrats on your girl!

Not even 5-6 days after??

Im hoping it's my ex's.

Haha nope! Implantation and the egg traveling down and burrowing into the uterus would take longer than that.

Also my period from February started on like the 12th or 13th....I don't remember when I got it in march, as my periods don't come very consistent every month sometimes a week earlier or later my guess is I started my period between March 9th-14th...Because I know I wasn't on my period on my birthday weekend which was March 18-19 and I wasn't on my period Easter week (March 24-27)

Lenna I can assure you that implantation takes longer than that. Once the egg is released when you ovulate, it can only be fertilised within a 24 hour period. If it doesn't fertilise before then, it dies. If it fertilises, which it did in your case, it takes between 6-10 days after for it to travel down the fallopian tube to reach the uterus. Once it reaches the uterus, it'll implant. But after implantation it takes at least 2-3 days for your body to have enough HCG that the pregnancy can be detected by a urine test.

Also sperm can live in your body for 2-5 days after sex although the majority survive for 3 days.

Here are some articles on how your cycle works if that helps any:

https://uk.clearblue.com/menstrual-cycles-and-ovulation

https://americanpregnancy.org/getting-pregnant/understanding-ovulation/

https://www.ovulation-calculator.com/menstrual-cycle.htm

Also, which U/S date regarding conception would be more accurate? The first one at 7+2 that put my due date at Dec 18th or my dating scan at 12+ weeks that put my due date at Dec 13th? Also, do both match up with my ex or is it possible to be the one night stand?

Regardless of which ultrasound date is most accurate, they both point to your ex as being the father. The one night stand could not have resulted in this pregnancy. Best of luck to you . :hugs:

3rd March... That's your estimated conception date.
Count 40 weeks back from due date, if the dates you've given are correct, it's your ex's.

I would also think about whether you want the ex in your life or not..by the sounds of it you're better out of the relationship.

3rd March... That's your estimated conception date.
Count 40 weeks back from due date, if the dates you've given are correct, it's your ex's.

Did you not work out your estimated conception date when given your due date?

I put my due dates (Dec 18th and Dec 13th) into a conception calculator and it told me conception would have been around March 18th-31st...Not sure how you got March 3rd??? My US on May 3rd told me 7Weeks2days (Due Dec 18th) my dating scan around 12 weeks put me at 13+1 (due date dec 13th)....Now Im even more confused?

Hang on, let me count again :haha:

For the 13th I make it the 27th March, give or take a few days...

But the pp's are right, you'd not show on a pregnancy test that early if it was the other guy.

Hang on, let me count again :haha:

For the 13th I make it the 13th March, give or take a few days...

What?? Then why do the conception calculators give me other dates? I don't see how you got that..?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->