Need some advice from new mums

S

ScottishBaby

Hi ladies, I hope you are all enjoying new motherhood but I have a few questions.

Basically I'm expecting my first baby and I'm really really worried and scared.

We've been trying for a baby for the past 2 years and its something we both really wanted. I say wanted because now that little bean is here and the reality of how much my life is going to change has hit me, I am constantly feeling uneasy about it.

I worry that I won't bond with my baby because of all the sleepless nights. I worry that I won't be able to control my temper in the midst of a heated tantrum. I worry that they'll take my baby away from me if I tell the midwives about my fears. I worry that I'll regret giving up my old life.

I've been told these are all typical worries that new mums to be have, but I'd like to know, if you had those worries during pregnancy, did they fade after the baby was born?

Thanks in advance for the advice :)

Hi there.

I was worried my whole pregnancy and they have mostly gone. I still worry randomly but I am way too busy to be worrying! You will be fine :) You will love your little baby and your whole life will change but it will be ok. :) I have to say the first 2 weeks are hard but then it just gets better (so far, for me anyways!) If you have a bad temper or low patience, you can always just set your baby down in a safe place and go cool off, Everyone has had to do it. :)

these are all normally fears , i won,t lie to you but we all have our off days were we will cry over silly things etc but i think its tiredness more than anything but you will bond with baby once baby is born , i think no matter how tired you are you will be able to control your temper & if it gets bad you just go out the room have a coffee & cig etc if you smoke but ive never had to do this & jack is my 4th , it also took me over 2 yrs to concieve but was on depo before trying . violet x

:hugs:
Those and many other worries were going through my head during pregnancy.
The Lola was born and all the 'Whats gonna happen....' worries faded but new ones settled in. :lol:
In reality,a mom never stops worrying.

Just to say that it's absolutly ok for you to talk your fears with your midwife because nobody will take your baby from you.

We were TTC for two years with PCOS and after we had decided to wait a year to continue we found out we were pg with Charlotte. I was happy, then I got the same fears you have. I actually called my Mom a few times, crying cause I did NOT want to keep her. I am very glad we did and I love her soooo much. I ended up with really bad PND after she was born and had to go on meds, but that's alright. Everything is good now. You'll be fine...they're totally worth it.

The first couple weeks are hard no matter what you do, it is a huge adjustment. But I dont find myself worrying about too much... I try and stay calm.

The first couple weeks are hard no matter what you do, it is a huge adjustment. But I dont find myself worrying about too much... I try and stay calm.

Me too, even when things get frustrating it does no good getting into a tizz.

Try not to worry now things will soon fall into place once LO is here and you'll have a whole new heap of things to worry about lol

Like the others have said its very hard work in the beginning, it does get easier and when you get that first smile it makes it all worthwhile.
This is my 2nd child and i'd forgotten how hard it was. I personally think the first 6 wks are the worst. I've got a very supportive husband and usually if i'm really tired he takes over and if he's tired i take over. Try not to worry through your pregnancy and talk thinhs through as it will make you feel better.

i had similar worries to you hun, when Annabelle arrived it was new worries that set into place, is she drinking enough, is she warm enough etc, i love her to pieces and wouldnt be without her, it is hard and very tiring and like today i havent slept more than 5 hours in 2 days but you just need go with the flow

Lou
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"