Need some advice & my story - poss tmi

jelly tots

Reaction score
I had my 12 week scan on monday to find that it hadn't developed past around 5/6 weeks.
I had already been spotting brown blood over the weekend so had it moved from tuesday to monday morning so i wouldnt have an extra day to worry. on the sunday night i had started getting pinky red blood so kinda knew then something wasnt right.
Anyways on tuesday about lunchtime it all started, after two hours of being confined to the bathroom from just before 12, it wasnt easing off and the cramps were getting pretty intense even though i had passed a lot already. i called the hospital for advice as i was getting worried as was almost constant blood loss and it seemed the more i drank to keep up the more it went.
they called me in just before 4pm, still was going as before and even more painful if that was possible.
got to the maternity ward (was later apologised to by the evening midwife that i shouldnt have been kept up there but they were so busy they had called extra staff off leave to come in) and was quickly given morphine, oh that was bliss. then they wanted to check everything.
ended up having to have an examination. it was the worst thing i have ever experienced apart from finding out at the scan the day before, as the junior doctor couldnt see my cervix they called the prof in, he was lovely but a bit rough and managed to get a lot out that was 'stuck' it seemed. my god that was painful as he knocked my cervix a few times with the swabs and my god i could have hit him. after that it had all gone as the bleeding had eased off and the cramps too. they gave me some tablets to make it contract but i dont think they actually worked. had a few small bits of clotting when i went to the loo but nothing to write home about, just the usual you get during af.
anyways i got discharged about 10pm as i wanted to sleep in my own bed and nothing more they could do since everything had almost gone and the cramping had eased off.
been to the loo as normal and just had usual af type bleeding, although this evening i went for a number 2, and a large clot appeared, which was a bit of a shock as i thought that had all gone. will i still be having this for a few days? im worried that anything could be stuck in there and make me ill.
how would i be able to tell this? i assume when they did the examination my cervix was open and he could see most of in there when he was poking about. just a bit concerned its taking me straining to go to the loo (as tummy muscles a bit sore from yesterday) to make any clotting remaining appear.
just a bit scared really. havent told work im out of hospital yet either, will do tomorrow although im not sure when i will be able to do a full day and week at the moment as just generally feel run down and sore and quite tired.
i can only self certify for 7 days so bit worried about how to get a doctors note to get it extended and then the actual returning to work.
husbandface isnt really speaking to me about it either which isnt helping as all i want to do is get it off my chest and try to move on.
although one thing im glad is that it happened so soon as i was very worried about when and if it would happen by itself as was meant to be going for a follow up scan a week later and then talk about procedures etc.

So sorry for to hear your story. I went through the same. I was kept over night. I past the sac at home before I went to gyno. I past the baby in hospital. I miscarried at the start of the summer. The week before I miscarried I hsd self cert. Then on the Monday, day of miscarriage, I got sick line for 4 weeks. Everyone is different for time off but I didn't know when I would miscarriage. Just knew the baby was dead. My hubbie didn't talk, didn't want to name the baby. I did. He doesn't know her name. I just told him how I feel. He is not emotional and I am the opposite. I talk to friends and on here buti did talk him. He listens but ddoesn't talk back. Hope this helps you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->