• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Need some advice please

Rihannalove

Reaction score
Hi Ladies , I had a GP appointment today went due to us trying for second child for 2 years , well to cut the long story short , me and DH both had been trying for our first child for 4 years we were referred to do IVF and thankfully it was successful and I have a beautiful healthy little girl she is 2 and half now and since we had so much problem conceiving the first child we tried for the second straight after my pregnancy since its another 2 year we are trying ,Today I went to GP to see what are my options .
My GP was so rude to me first thing she said ok since you had your first child through IVF and it was due to unexplained infertility there is no point for us to do all the tests again.The only option you have is to go and do IVF again and privately, I do understand that NHS don't offer IVF if you already have a child but reason I went was to check any other options or atleast prescribe me some clomid , she was so rude that told me you have to find a job if you can't afford private IVF :(( I asked her would you refer me to a gynaecologist she said no point and thats the end of the road for you :nope: I am so upset she was so judgemental towards me I have worked all these years until I had my daughter and now telling me to go back to work until I can afford private IVF I think its a bit unfair to treat me like this , I am sorry ladies if I am expecting too much but please advice me if what she has said the right thing , should I stop hoping to get any other help through NHS , I am grateful to NHS for my first daughter but I want to complete my family and to hear I would not get any other help I am gutted

Thats rough :(
I have a son, from a previous relationship. I love him dearly, and wouldn't give him up for anything. Luckily I was a fertile teenager, but after getting married to the love of my life at 19 i've had to have my tubes removed.
No natural babies for us. No kids for my husband, the end of his family name, in-laws hate me- the whole deal- yada yada yada

No one will help me either. All grants and scholarships only go to those who don't have any children living with them at all. My state doesn't mandate any kind of insurance, so I've always known it would all have to come out of my pocket (been unsuccessfully saving for 7 years... but something always comes up :'( ...)

I know how you feel. I get judged all the time, and it's getting so old. I just want a baby, my husband wants a baby, and most heartbreaking of all, my son really wants a sibling. And it's all my fault.
I can't give you advice on what to do, I have to save too
I just want to wish you luck, and hope that the road to saving is smooth, and you don't run into lots of large crazy unexpected expenses on the way.

Sorry they weren't more helpful but I'm guessing you had lots of tests the first time round and they never found anything so it's unlikely that something will show up the second time round.

Clomid isn't an easy option either, if you ovulate on your own it's unlikely to make any diffrence.
In my area the GP's won't prescribe it, it has to be the fertility clinic who also do a bundle of tests before they do anything I was warned both at by my GP and at my first appointment they'd be a limit to what they will do for me - ie no IVF. Took me 11 months from referal to getting fertility drugs (Femara) and then they closely monitored my first cycle to make sure my body isn't over / under reacting.

You might want to speak to a fertility clinic about IUI which might be a cheaper option for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->