Need some advice

mummylove

Reaction score
I have been think i want to get a few more tattoos. I want to get 1 each for my kids and then was thinking of getting another with my ohs name. Plus in the end i want to get a sleeve tattoo. I was talking to my oh about it and he was like well u know i dont like tattoos so i said its not for u its for me that is having them. He then says he dont like them so i was liek well i have 7 which i had before we got together. I told him im not gonna change what i like that ive already changed enough since being with him.
Am i in wrong to want tattoos even tho he dont like them. I dont tell him what he can and cant do cus i just get told to fk off if i tried

It's your body so totally your right to do what you want with it BUT if your OH is totally repulsed by big tattoos like sleeves I think you have to consider that he might consider you less attractive for them IYKWIM? Not that he would by any means, but it depends how much he truly hates them and what your OH is like. I don't see how small tattoos could be an issue if you already have quite a few though. You're definitely not in the wrong to want them or to go ahead and get them- it's your decision alone- but what people are attracted to is weird and hard to control. Sorry I hope that made some sense!

Um no I guess not it's your body, I can't really relate as I'm not a big tattoo fan myself and I have my job to think about, if my DH presented practical reasons such as professionalism in my job I would probably oblige him if he just didn't like the idea I'd be more stubborn. But tbh, as old fashioned as it sounds, if my DH really didn't like the sound of something it would probably put me off the idea, I wouldn't want to do something that would make me unattractive to him, but as I say I'm biased not having tattoos myself, if it's something that is important to you I would definitely ignore him lol, and he might like them once you've got them, maybe include him in the design ideas?

As its your body, it is ofcourse up to you but I would maybe compromise and get a smaller design. If you try and think of a style you don't find attractive (I.e shaven head)and imagine him having that forever, you can kind of see his point. It should be your choice though.

sometimes you have to compromise, sometimes you do things they dont want just to annoy them, and sometimes you have to do a bit of both all rolled into one..
for example, i was getting my hair trimmed, my OH said just dont get it done short, so i did, i went from, bust length, to a bob, this should be reversable, but it isnt as my hair doesnt grow, so yeah, like 3 years down the line i still have crappy hair, i should have listened... he told me not to get my tongue done as its 'cheap' but i did and he liked it.. but on the other hand..
he hates thongs, so i wouldnt wear them when i see him.. now i dont at all..
he hates make up, tells me i look better without it, so i dont wear it, unless going out..
now if he said no to a tattoo, i suppose id kind of compromise, but if he wanted one i didn't like, it leave him to get it anyway.. & if i didnt like tattoos and he wanted a sleeve, again id leave him to it..

hope that kinda helps...

It's your body to do what you choose with, but if my other half really didn't like something I wouldn't do it as I hope he would do for me...

End of the day, it is your body. But- I do take how my hubby feels into consideration tbh. He does too. He knows I HATE it when he shaves all his facial hair off (I don't mean to sound harsh, but I met him with facial hair- and I don't even care HOW he shaves it down, I just cannot stand it when it's all gone- it's just really odd to me. I mean I love him, and would regardless- of course- but I don't like it). Hence, he only shaved it all off once... :haha:

If there was something he hated (and wasn't a big deal to me), then whatever. But, if it was something that truly mattered to me- then he'd probably have to deal with it. Just kinda depends. He's not big on tattoos either- but has one (that he regrets). I don't like his tattoo and I've actually encouraged him to have it re-done (or something done over it). But to him, it's not that big a deal... when we met, I had 2 small tattoos. After my Mom passed I got a big one on my shoulder blade for her (with the moon/stars and a saying she would often say to me)- and incorporated 4 stars (one for me, hubby, SD and LO) into the design... and although I'm sure he wasn't crazy about me getting another one, he knew what it meant to me and never made an issue of it.

IDK if any of that helps- lol. I think both your opinions matter- but sometimes the meaning behind something trumps all. And if he met you with tattoos- it's not like you suddenly changed who you are.

I'm the sort of person who had its a "it's my body it's my choice" attitude.

I have 8 tattoos and I had them all before I met OH. I want to get another one - a Russian doll on my thigh ( a big one). It will have pictures of my favourite things in it, things that mean something to me etc.

My OH isn't too keen on me getting another but when I mentioned about getting this Russian doll (I love Russian dolls, I have loads of them) and getting it filled with images that mean something to me he changed his mind. I have designed half of it and he says it looks really good. But he did ask me that after this to not get anymore and I have agreed (except getting one on my wrist covered by something else - I have a horrible one there and getting it covered up as a black rose).

At the end of the day it's down to you. It's your body - but I'm bound to say that because that's the kind of attitude I have towards tattoos.

We have agreed that i will just have small tats of the kids. But my view is he knew what i was like when he met me why should i change

To be honest I would go ahead and get the little ones but not the sleeve. To me that would be a good compromise as you are not being "in your face" with the little ones but a sleeve is quite a big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->